1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio is distorted after burning svcd on dvd !please help me!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by raverkris, Dec 5, 2004.

1. raverkris

raverkris Guest

i can't hear the audio of my movie after i burned my svcd in mpeg-2 format onto a dvd. i followed the guide: "how to put mulitiple svcds on one dvdr" under guides. this is what i did:

1)my video is avi. format and the audio is mp3 format.so i used TMPGEnc to convert my movie from avi. to mpeg-2 format.
    2)next i used mpeg-vcr to transcode my audio from 44.1 khz to 48.0 khz
    3)then used dvd-lab to compile my dvd. dvd-lab demultiplexed my mpeg-2 movie into two folers: audio and video. i made a menu screen for my movie. next i compiled my dvd
    4) next i used nero burning rom to burn my dvd.
    --when i played it on my dvd, the video comes out fine but the audio is distorted. all i hear is a static noise. can somebody please please please help me?

2. raverkris

raverkris Guest

3. slickeroo

slickeroo Guest

I think you may be having problems because it appears that the TMPGEnc program can't convert audio in the mp3 format! I've had similair problems trying to convert small avi files to mpeg-2 but when I tried to play the video back there was no sound at all!

The way I found to get past this problem was to use a program called VirtualDub to extract the audio & save it as a .wav file & then when converting using TMPGEnc make sure that you select the .wav audio file that you've just created!

I think it's best to convert the file first & then check that it's okay before you burn it to disc, you can even stop the conversion in TMPGEnc after about 10 mins & check the file to see if the audio is coming through okay!

I'm pretty new to all this stuff aswell & it's been a lot of trial & error trying to get things done so let me know if you have any luck with what I've suggested!

If not, give me more details of the file(s) you're trying to burn to disc i.e. the file size, resolution etc & I'll let you know what programs I use to burn that type of file!

4. raverkris

raverkris Guest

i did what you told me to do. i burned out my movie and played on my dvd player and the video was fine but the audio was still all static. this is what i did:
    1)i used virtual dub to extract my file and put it under audio source when i encoded my avi. file to mpeg-2 on TMPGEnc.
    2)Then i used mpeg-vcr to convert the audio from 44.1 khz to 48.0 khz
    3) then i used the dvd-lab to author my movie.
    --after i burned it i got the same problem. the video is good but the audio is all static.
    --here's some info about my avi. movie. I downloaded this Initial D anime movie from animesuki.com

File: 170 MB (170 MB), duration: 0:27:21,
    type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 58 %

Video: 145 MB, 743 Kbps, 29.970 fps, 640*352(16:9), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported

Audio: 25 MB, 128 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

--i've been working on this project for over a week now. searching around forums and websites trying to find a way to fix the problem. the only problem i'm getting is the audio. it's all distorted when i play it on my dvd player but the video is perfect. thank you very much for you help. ---can anybody please help me, please help me, please help me---

5. raverkris

raverkris Guest

thank you very much for your help. i figured out the way to do it. i just experimented here and there and i discovered a way to fix the audio. if you need help, i'll be happy to help you

6. Cocoliso

Cocoliso Member

Raverkis:

Please explain us how to do this

TIA

P.

7. neelat

neelat Member

Hi Raverkis
    I'm having a similar problem and I can't even give you alot of technical info as I'm a real newbie. I'm trying to burn a video clip onto DVD but after encoding with TMPGEnc and then using TMPG Author and burning I get good video but NO audio. I tried converting the audio to a .wav file as suggested using Virtual Dub but I'm either doing it incorrectly or it's just not working.
    Any suggestions??
    Thanks
    Neelat