1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio is out of synch with video

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by mtb2k, Feb 27, 2007.

1. mtb2k

mtb2k Member

i ripped a dvd last night(the secret), and the audio is out of synch. i used autoGK. i believe the dvd uses ac3 codec, and so i ripped it into the avi using using the original ac3 sound. audio level ended up way too low. so i ripped it again, converting the ac3 to mp3. now the audio is at a good level, but it's about half second to a second ahead of the video. is there a way to resynch it? do i demux, synch it and then remux again? if so, i'm not familiar with it and not sure of what software to use for doing that. i am a video noob.

something else i have tried is downloading and installing ac3filter. i opened ac3 filter and turned up the gain, in hopes of ripping the dvd again with a good audio level. i don't even know if that will do anything, and i really do not want to have to spend another 4 hours converting this again in hopes it will work. i'd rather just try and synch the audio/video up somehow and be done

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

what program did you use to fip the dvd? you might try using dvd shrink and thain anydvd and nero to burn you should not have anyproblems at all with the audio being out of sync