1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio ISO files to playable DVD's

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by glasgowmaan, Jun 6, 2020.

1. glasgowmaan

glasgowmaan Member

The VLC player is version 3.0.11 Vetinari.
    I have so many versions that I burned in different formats and with different programmes, IMG Burn, CLoneDVD, ConvertXtoDVD. I'm not sure if it was from the original ISO file or the extracted AUDIO and VIDEO_TS files. But they all play on VLC player. As do the files, from the computer. I need it to play on my DVD player 'though.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

3. aldan

aldan Active member

seems right to help a glasgow man.my grandfather was born in glasgow in 1882.

4. glasgowmaan

glasgowmaan Member

Hi wither 1. I've been reading a little bit about mp3 and it seems to me that it's basically a stereo format, unless you have some pretty sophisticated software, and the knowhow to use it. I have a windows 7 home computer and almost the knowhow to use that. The whole point of converting this/these file/s to dvd, is to play the converted disc on my DVD player, and listen to it in 5.1 surround sound. As I already have the original stereo cd, then an mp3 version is only a duplicate of lesser quality, making it a pointless operation. The whole point is the conversion of the file to disc in surround sound. But I doubt if that can be achieved using mp3, and played back on regular household equipment. However, I do appreciate the time and effort that you are putting into this. Thank you! I thought it was just the lack of some software on my part and didn't fully expect it to be so complicated.

Hi aldan, was his name Jimmy? I might know him. Haha!

5. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I'm using the same version of VLC Player and, as I mentioned, couldn't get any sound. So, this morning I looked into the VLC Player settings. In the Audio tab, Audio device, it was set to default. I changed it to my SB Audiology and now I have sound. I might try my disc again to see if it helps.

I had already downloaded that converter and tried it but it wouldn't work. Perhaps one needs the paid version.

I'd still like to know specifically what he did to burn his disc that plays back.

Most audio editors will let you convert files to a 5.1, 7.1 etc. For example, you can download the free WaveEditor from Nero.com and opt to convert the file in those formats. There are others. On the other hand, most speaker systems, such as 5.1, will apportion a stereo signal to give you a surround effect.

6. aldan

aldan Active member

james woodburn.he was a campbell.my gran was clan macgregor.they got along surprisingly well.like i said,if you can find the original file just convert it and burn it to cd.

7. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I still haven't found free software that will actually convert an .aob to another format.

I got the bright idea of using a screen recorder, such as BandiCam, and an audio recorder such as AudFre, and the Windows Sound Recorder in Vista (equivalent to Voice Recorder in later versions) to record the audio files when played back in VLC.. Apparently, the first and last require a microphone which isn't a great way to go when you don't want any other sounds. I don't know what AudFre needs since I follow directions but the recordings are zero seconds.

I'm pretty much done with this.

8. aldan

aldan Active member

i dont suppose the original file before the video was stripped is available?i dont know of any software that will convert an aob file to mp3 either.

9. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

His file is an ISO which contains both the video and audio folders. The ISO is an image of a DVD-Audio disc.

As I said, if one wants to use a microphone to record the playback of one of the .aob files, that's no problem except, if one wants no extraneous sound, the recording would have to be done in the absence of background sound which the microphone would pick up. The AudFree seems to be able to do the job without a microphone but I can't get it to work properly and, there's no support, despite what the website says. Ditto for the DVD Author software. It's supposed to do the job but I don't know how to install it such that the available commands would enable it to work. I install the v20 but it has a problem with the kernel.dll. I think the same thing happens with v5.07.

10. glasgowmaan

glasgowmaan Member

Hello guys. Thanks for all your input, you have tried and exhausted everything that can be done, but it looks as though this will remain unsolved. I arleady have the CD so I can play stereo. I thought that the file would have given me a 5.1 surround sound like it's supposed to, but it's not a big deal. Like wither said, I think we're about done with this. I can't thank you enough for the trouble that you've taken to try and solve this. Let's just let it go as unsolved, and if you do, on your travels, happen upon something that would work, then please, by all means, let me know. But until then, thank you so much.

aldan likes this.
  11. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

If we could get some support for the DVDA software, we might be able to do something with the files. The fact that one needs a DVD player which supports DVD-A to play(and record?) that kind of disc is certainly a deterrent to finding a solution.

Yesterday, I created an ISO from your files in Nero Burning Rom. I then burned it to DVD as a DVD-ROM(UDF). VLC can't open the disc. When I drag and drop the ISO from the disc to VLC, it plays it.

None of this is getting you a simple method for what you want to do.

If you ever find a way, please let us know.

glasgowmaan and aldan like this.
  12. glasgowmaan

glasgowmaan Member

Thanks guys! You certainly gave it your best! If I ever find a way to burn it so I can play it on a DVD player I'll be sure to let you know.