1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio issues on dvd2avi

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MrFulci, Aug 25, 2007.

1. MrFulci

MrFulci Member

hey folks. newbie here with a quick question.

ive been trying to shrink an MPEG file of 276MB ( a short film shot on DV) to AVI. i have no problem with shrinking the video file, but no matter what audio settings i use, I never get any audio at all. ever!

is this fixable? or am i doing something completely wrong?

many thanx

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

3. MrFulci

MrFulci Member

thanx. i downloaded and installed it but it still doesnt work.
    is there anything more i should do? like place the FFDSHOW file in a spesific folder or something.
    after i installed it it opened the audio decoder configuration window. should i change something there?

4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Once the app is installed, it's ready to go, no additional configuration is really necessary unless you really know what your doing.

Now that you have ffdshow installed, try and re-shrink the original file again and see if it makes a difference (I'm assuming that the original file's audio is fine?).

The problem could also be with your media player, you could try using a free player to play the file with and see if audio is present, try using Media Player Classic, you can get it here http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/media_player_classic.cfm

5. MrFulci

MrFulci Member

thanx for all the help John, but it still doesnt work. i've tried it on real player, vlc and classic.nada. im getting really desperate here.
    let me ask you. what ar ethe audio settings i should use on dvd2avi ?
    i mean on the 'audio output' section .
    and what about the 48-> 44.1 KHz ? what's that about?