1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio issues

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Ranom, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Ranom

Ranom Member

My sound quality has spontaneously turned into crap within a day and i have no clue why. I have noticed that there's high frequency static when audio is played. Also there's crackling sounds. especially when i turn a volume knob, a crackling sound appears (In a youtube video for example). And also the general quality of sound seems to be lower and distorted.

I've tried tons of things to fix this. First of all, i think it's related to my MB. The problem is the same with different headphones, and it persists when i change my output from my external soundcard to my MB's integrated soundcard.

I've tried updating my drivers (GPU, CPU, MB, Chipset, Sound card, Bios) I've also tried disabling onboard sound in bios and increasing the PCI Latency in bios (to 96)

I've tried searching for malware etc, i did find some and my computer is clean now.

My hardware:
    MB: Asrock P43Twins1600
    CPU: Intel E7300
    GPU: Raden HD 4830
    Soundcard: SB Audigy

Anyone got any advice? Should i buy new hardware to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Not something simple like a mic has been left un-muted and it's picking up room noise?

[​IMG]

3. Ranom

Ranom Member

Nope.

I think it has something to do with the computers electricity, some kind of interference. Should i open my PC and check the wires? I have no idea how to do this though..

4. attar

attar Senior member

5. Ranom

Ranom Member

Okay i got something. When i turn off/on the switch to my LAMP, i hear the same crackling in my headphones. (The lamp is obviously in the same electricity system as my computer)

So it has to do something with electricity, right? Anyone got ideas what i should do now?

6. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Try another AC outlet on a different circuit.

There may be a problem that is currently plugged into your outlet.

Trouble shoot.
    1. If you have an Ohm meter make sure all is okay regarding the power feed.

2.Disconnect one device at a time to find if something is generating noise.

Sounds like the return from the headphones may be FOOBAR.

Jeff

7. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Sounds like you have a loose connection in your lamp someplace causing interference in the line.Possibly your on/off switch is going bad or the cord on the lamp has a break in it someplace.If you are having the same problems with different headphones it is probably your lamp that is causing the problem or some appliance plugged into the same line as your computer.