1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio just not...there?

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by Okonai, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Okonai

Okonai Member

Well, I got the movie FFVII:Advent Children, and I got the subtitles file with it and I used AVI Recomp to combine the subtitles and AVI file together. All worked dandy and I had a shiny new AVI file complete with Sound, Subs, and Video. Well, I wanted to convert this to mpeg-2 and attempted to do so through TMPGEnc. Well, I clicked on my movie and it took up both Audio and Video spots in the converter file list so I assumed since it already had audio on the file it would just use it...Well 5 hours later it's now an mpeg-2 and I open it only to find!....no sound is on it...none. It occurs to me now that AVI Recomp gave me another file with the Video and Audio seperate but I cannot load the audio into TMPGEnc. because it's an MP3 and it won't convert it...

Also it occurs that I'm trying to play it in WMP...either way...

Summarization: Had AVI full with subs,sound,video. After converting the single file to mpeg-2 there is no sound (when played in WMP) is the player the problem (do I need a DvD playback device?) or did I not do something correctly, I need some help, thanks.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Probably the audio is VBR mp3. TMPGEnc has always had issues with VBR mp3 audio.

Why convert to an avi just to re-convert though? Much faster/easier just to frameserve via AVISynth to TMPGEnc. AVISynth decodes audio to PCM to, so no VBR mp3 issues.