1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio language splitter issue

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by b8375629, Jul 13, 2011.

1. b8375629

b8375629 Member

Hi,

I have an .avi with two languages with Polish dubbed over the top of the English track, and they're not two separate audio streams.

Is there anyway to split the Polish off the English track so only the original English track can be heard?

2. attar

attar Senior member

Unless the stream consists of two channels, each containing one language, it's not possible.

3. b8375629

b8375629 Member

Well X-Media Recode shows two channels but they could just be in stereo using the same audio stream. I don't know.

However VLC player sees only one audio track. How can I tell if it's either based on what I have here?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  4. attar

attar Senior member

You can open the PC speaker properties and use the mixer control to adjust output level on left and right channel or if you have a balance control on the external speakers adjust that for left and right balance.
    If both languages are always heard, no matter how the balance is adjusted, then they are mixed into both channels.
    If you hear the language change as the balance is adjusted, then they can be separated out, not otherwise.