1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio low when talking.

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by brumbie, May 8, 2007.

1. brumbie

brumbie Member

Can anyone help me.This is driving me mad.Recently i had to reformat my drive as i was bluescreened,so i upgraded to xp from 2000 while i was at it.Now some of the dvds i play,including bought ones as well as back ups,play the background sounds like music,birds singing,people talking in the background etc ok as usual but as soon as somebody goes to talk i can barely here them.I,ve checked drivers etc but i just cant figure it out.If anyone has fresh ideas it would be greatly appreciated.thanks guys.(checked all the mute buttons as well).

2. attar

attar Senior member

Use the control panel to check your sound setup. (Advanced Audio properties).
    When you play a video that has multi channels (I use VLC as my player, so this example applies), click 'audio device' and select the device that corresponds to your setup.
    In my case I don't want 5.1, because that will give me the same symptoms you have.

3. brumbie

brumbie Member

Thanks attar for a quick reply.I had actualy tried that earlier and made sure it was on 'desktop stereo'but no joy.However i sought of pushed on from there and tried tweaking my codecs.In the K-lite codec pack i downloaded i went into config,then codec tweak tool and then set that to stereo as well and hey presto.Many thanks for your prompt reply attar.

4. attar

attar Senior member

More codec hell.
    Seriously, you should lay out the solution for the next poor soul.

Last edited: May 8, 2007