1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio on cdrw's

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by waugj, Nov 3, 2003.

1. waugj

waugj Member

I recently made a audio cd using a cdrw disc, it plays fine in my equipment, but I would like to erase and change the tracks on it, any suggestions? I keep getting the message that the cd is not blank, I thought this was the advantage of using cdrw's for audio.....

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

You have to do a "quick format" first before you can add any more data beyond the 700mb. I do it through Nero.

3. waugj

waugj Member

when i created the cd, i didn't format it in the first place, so if i do a format, will it still play in my cd player?

4. piano632

piano632 Regular member

You don't "format" audio discs. You don't say what program you are using to burn the disc, but there should be some kind of option somewhere in the program that lets you erase the disc. If you have tried this option and it still won't erase, try erasing it using another disc-burning program if you have one. In some rare instances one program will work and another won't, so keep trying.

5. waugj

waugj Member

I am using roxio easy cd, i downloaded nero demo, but haven't installed it yet, since i am not sure if i will still be able to use my current direct cd discs, and they have data i acess regularly

6. piano632

piano632 Regular member

You can use Roxio DirectCD's on Nero or InCD's on Roxio as they are the same format, just a different name.