1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio on DVD-Video

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by solomone, Mar 2, 2006.

1. solomone

solomone Member

I've been playing around with DVD2One v2. I want want to create an DVD-Video with just music on it. I have to confess that I'm a bit ignorant about sound formats. I know what PCM is, but I don't know anything about MP2. What's the relationship between MP2 and AAC. Isn't sound normally stored in AAC format on a regular DVD? I was under the impression that MP2 was mostly an outdated format popular in Europe. What about the acoustic models you can choose from: Musicam or AT&T. Which on is better? DVD2One is the first program that I've tried which allows me to put audio on DVD, and be able to fast-forward/rewind within a track. Is there is a better program out there that can store compressed audio on DVD-Video? Please advise me.

Thanks.

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

AAC is a newer mpeg based compression method, while mp2 and mp3 are older and less advanced. AAC is what iTunes uses, never seen it on a dvd.
    The tool I use for audio only dvds is audio dvd creator available from http://www.audio-dvd-creator.com

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006