1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio out of sync.....ideas?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by PCS, Nov 10, 2004.

1. PCS

PCS Member

Hello everyone, i've been reading these forums for awhile and gotten alot of great info here, so thank you for that!

However, i'm having some problems with my vhs capture.

First, here are my system specs.

amd XP 3200+
    NVidia NForce2 Ultra
    1Gb ram
    36Gb raptor drive for OS
    2x200Gb seagate in raid stripe
    dvd +/- DL burner
    Leadtek winfast 2000xp Deluxe

Software used

capture - virtual VCR/iuVCR/WinDVR3
    - using HuffYUV codecs for first 2 avi capture

MPeg conv - TMPGenc 3XPress
    - Mainconcept encoder

Authering - DvdLabs

Burning - Nero/NTI/whatever

SO my problem is whenever I capture to avi, using either vcr or iuvcr, my audio goes out of sync (usually out noticably after 10 mins or so). I've tried a variety of settings to no avail. However I never drop frames. Even if I capture to Mpeg2 using WinDVR the audio seems out by the end, albeit not by as much.
    The size of the video i'm tryig to capture are quite large as well, usually 2 hrs at a time. But even if I capture a short clip....say 1/2 hr, the audio goes out.
    I'm out of ideas....can anyone help?

Thanks alot.

2. stardust

stardust Regular member

There is a VirtualDub version called VirtualDub1493VCR + SYNC, which uses
    an excellent method to keep audio and video in sync.

http://www.virtualdub.net -> download (this site is in German)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  3. PCS

PCS Member

Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to check that out now, but doesn't virtual dub use only VFW drivers? I need WDM drivers, of which virtual does not support, well is does a little, but not in the resolution and compressions that are of high quality.

4. PCS

PCS Member

Yeah, virtual dub won't work with my wdm device, and the wdm-vfm wrapper "fix" is either nowhere to be found or does not work properly (couple of versions). So i'm stuck with using a program other than VDub until it will support wdm devices.

5. stardust

stardust Regular member

I use WDM video capture driver in VDub with BT878 chipset capture card. I downloaded it from http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/ and can capture full resolution avi. VDub's driver settings can be changed at capture mode -> capture -> preferences.

6. PCS

PCS Member

Thanks for the link. I tried the installer exe and it gave me the old BSOD/memory dump and reboot. So I then tried the manual install that is listed on the site.....same thing, I just get the ol' BSOD again.

My card is using the bt878 chip aswell, but just does not want to co-op with me. I know how to change the resolution settings in VDub, thats where I get the 418 error with my regular drivers.

I think that i'm just going to have to find a way to fix the audio using either virtual vcr or iuVCR.

Bleh, thanks anyway.