1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio out of sync in Tmpgenc dvd author

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by nist, Dec 26, 2004.

1. nist

nist Member

I have two dvds in video_ts folders (ripped with dvd shrink)that play ok in the software player (video and audio in sync).
    When I create a new dvd with a menu using tmpgenc dvd author everythings seems to be ok. Menu shows as it should but when playing the different movies the audio is out of sync in both.
    It seems like the audio always get out of sync when importing a DVD (video_ts folder) but usually plays fine if you import a mpeg-1 or mpeg-2 (i.e. mpg or m2v) file.

Any suggestions on how to solve this or what the problem might be?

2. Dk2005

Dk2005 Member

First of all convert you source file using TMPGENC 2.5 Plus only or later as early stuff just causes sync probs then use TMPGENC DVD 1.6 Author work fine ;)

3. nist

nist Member

Hi, well it doesn't make any sense to convert the vob files to mpeg-2 (since they already are in mpeg-2). Or do you mean that I should convert to mpeg-1 (VCD)?

Shouldn't it be possible to import 2 dvds and put them on one dvd with a menu? What I have done is do rip 2 dvds (movie only) with DVDShrink and now do I want to put the two movies on one dvd but to include a menu. Any suggestions on other authoring programs that works good and that can import dvds?

4. whobetta

whobetta Member

I have the exact same problem, import a video_ts folder with a good working vob with ac3 audio in sync. Create the menus and stuff and play it inside Dvd Author its fine. Click create the output dvd and play the vob and the audio slowly goes out of sync by the end its alot of seconds off. Could this be a bug?

5. soberman

soberman Member

i have the same problem. i've used Xilisoft to convert 2 movies to VOB ... the VOB's audio and video sync ... then when i use tmpgenc dvd author 1.6 ... the audio and video slowly go out of sync. i'm not a fancy guy ... i just want to put my divx movies in a format that will run well on a DVD player ... i don't care about menus ... can someone help me?

6. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Try NeroVision Express 2. Add the Dvix files directly, merge them, create chapter stops and burn.