1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio out of time with video

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by deester1, Oct 15, 2003.

1. deester1

deester1 Member

i have a problem when using nero vision express..if i save files as avi and use vission express to convert them into a DVD the sound SOMETIMES goes out of sync with the video..it doesnt always happen..but i think it is dependant on the file..ie if it does it once it will always do it..any ideas fixes would be appreciated. , oh and the avi files are fine when i capture them and watch them on the pc!

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its quite a common problem. You can re-align the sound in a program called Virtual Dub, i've yet to use it as i've never had that problem, but it does work. One other thing. Is the sound constantly out fo alignment (ie: by a sec or two throughout the whole movie) or does it gradually get worse as the film progresses?

3. deester1

deester1 Member

thnx..the sound starts ok but gradually gets earlier in relation to the video..its ok using virtual dub i guess but how do i know if a captured avi. is going to do it..i dont usually find out till after ive finished the burning process and the captures are fine before theyre made in to a dvd?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im not sure, it may be prudent to ask someone in the DivX forum or somewhere ;-)

5. deester1

deester1 Member

so far only one of my captured .avi files has done this when burned to a dvd.i did a recapture and it worked fine.somehow i must have screwed up some settings somewhere even though the file played fine in media player.guess ill just have to accept that i made a couple of coasters..:(even though they did play who wants to watch a wedding when the bride says "i do" before her lips move..lol

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - You can watch it with a lip reader and convince them you are telepathic