1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio problem during dvd burning process

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jontte, Mar 16, 2005.

1. jontte

jontte Guest

i've burned about 40 movies without problem,but yesterday something happened.The audio seemed to be right on time for about 20- 30 min in the beginning of the dvd but the started lacking and the longer i watched the dvd the longer afterwards the audio kept coming.Anyone who knows what causes this problem since it worked ok as long as it did.I've tried to burn 4 dvd's now and it's teh same on everyone of them.
    i use nero 6.6 reloded,pentium 2400mhz processor, 768mb of ram,plextor 712a dvd burner,Asus p4x8s motherboard.

/jontte

2. mini_mod

mini_mod Member

Perhaps the laser on your dvd burner needs to be adjusted or your burn speed slowed down. Or perhaps your dvd drive is getting worn out....

3. jontte

jontte Guest

well my plextor should be as good as new i bought in
    december so i've just had it for about 3 months or so,before i used a plextor 2410 cd burner for 2 years
    and burned bout bout 1500 cd's and it's still working fine.
    it shouldn't be worn out just after burning bout 50 dvd's,any other idea what may cause this problem.
    i also trid to convert a divx to vob before burning it to a dvd and tried to burn it with nero
    onto a dvd it seemed to be doing fine but at the end of the burning process it failed again.
    i'm using verbatim dvd+r 8* media recommended by plextor so that shouldn't be the problem.

/jontte

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

MIssed some important info..

What type of file is it you are burning to your DVD? Did you have to convert it first? If so how did you convert it?

5. jontte

jontte Guest

i've burned divX and Xvid movies with nero reloaded
    and unsed the conversion in nero during the burning process and it has worked without any problems until yesterday,then i tried to convert the divX,avi etc with
    vsodivXtodvd and the conversion files workes ok when i've prewatched them before burning it to dvd with Nero,this little program converts divx,xvid and avi files to vob files but i'm not quite sure how to burn then with nero.
    i used the normal burn meny i've used for dvd burning when the conversion is made by Nero.
    I tried the vso divXtodvd to save time during the burning process it takes bout 1 hour to convert a divX movie to vob files and 10 minutes to burn it to dvd.
    But i had trouble when i tried to burn the vob files to dvd with nero reloaded it was doing ok till it was time for nero to close down the burning process the ai got a error message couldn't read some file fragment but i prewatched the movie it was working ok.
    But my question if i use this conversion program what menu must i use to be able to burn it properly to dvd+r.

/jontte

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@jontte,
    Try this little guide I have at my website called "Convert AVI to DVD" the link is in my signature. You pretty much sound like you have the DivXtoDVD part down so just skip to the next process of running the files through DVD Shrink and go from there.. Hope this help you out :)

7. jontte

jontte Guest

Thanks a lot for the tip worked fine when i used dvdshrink after i converted the dvd's to vob with vso divXtodvd format,then it worked fine to burn them with nero reloaded,now the audio tracks right on time.

/jontte

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No problem.
    Glad to be of service :)

9. jontte

jontte Guest

having problem converting divX,Xvid and AVi movies,when i try to convert tyhem with DivXtodvd i get the error message couldn't render a stream discarding package frame
    and pogram keep on trying to convert theses movies for hours.Does it have to something to do with the copy protection or anything else.
    These movies work fine watching from my harddrive but i can't convert them,so what to do.

/jontte