1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Problems - Phono Sockets Deteriorating?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Superbart, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Superbart

Superbart Member

Hi PLEASE Help!!!!!

I am using various Yamada dvd players on a karaoke set up going out to pubs and clubs, I have tried several players, and they all work well initially but after a few weeks the audio sockets on the rear of the players start to fail.

I go out of the red and white audio phono sockets on the rear of the dvd players to a sound desk and then the signal is amplified and goes out to our Speaker system.

Basically after a short time of use the sound deteriorates to such a level that it is only coming out of one side and also there are loads of crackles and interference and you can get virtually no volume.

I have tried changing the audio cables, the channel on the sound desk, using the scart out instead but to no avail. All the other audio devices work fine through the desk including laptop and mini disc players.

After seeking some advice locally we were advised to move the players out of the stack of other equipment as it may not be shielded enough to sit with loads of other electrical equipment, but again this worked for about 60 seconds and then slowly deterioated to as bad as before. This week we purchased another new player and set it to the side of the rest of the equipment, but although initially looking ok, this had also gone dodgy by the end ofthe night.

Please can someone help, we just cant figure out why this is happening.

Many thanks

Chris Simpson

2. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

right this might help ive seen this problem but not with phono connections but componant connections with keep plugging in and unplugging the leads the connetor moves and cause the solder to come adrift on the pin to the board so open up just check and if so just resolder and with you doing clubs and so on keep moving from 1 place to another this sounds like the problem.but if not i see my m8 hes a dj and does that stuff aswell he might know
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]pentium 4 3,2ghz 1gig ddr 2700
    120gig sata hdd
    gforce fx 5600 8x agp
    6.1 sound
    all times 3[/small]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  3. Superbart

Superbart Member

Thanks for that, someone else I've asked said to get my sound desk and amp checked as they maybe feeding power back to the dvd player or pulling too much power out?, is that possible? I don't mind buying an expensive dvd player if it will solve the problem, but if it didn't then I'd be well miffed

Bart

4. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

pulling too much power out sounds like that could be it
    could you not try a preamp and then putting that though another amp but i dont really know much about this disco buisness me m8 will know but i wont see him till monday so if your still having problems ill post what he say's

sorry i mean karaoke
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]pentium 4 3,2ghz 1gig ddr 2700
    120gig sata hdd
    gforce fx 5600 8x agp
    6.1 sound
    all times 3[/small]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  5. Superbart

Superbart Member

Cheers will post a message if we get is sorted

Bart

6. kcc76