1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by handtruck, May 19, 2002.

1. handtruck

handtruck Member

I have an avi file that is perfect, but when I use tmpgenc, only the first 10 seconds has audio. I've converted many files and have never received this problem... What else is interesting is that when i use the "source range" screen and I can see the audio bars, no audio shows up for everything after the first ten seconds... Keep in mind that when I watch the avi file, the audio is consistently fine throughout... Any suggestions??

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Look at the WAV you have -- I assume its extremely short one? If so, you've tried to rip DTS audio and currently it can't be downmixed to WAV and therefor you don't have a correct audio. This is also one of these questions which have been asked too many times, so I suggest to use the search feature/browse through threads next time before posting :)

Anyway, go to SmartRipper's destination directory (where you ripped the movie to) and look for the small .txt file -- it lists all streams found within the VOB files. Look for the first audio track -- name that mentally as "audio track #1" and count downwards the audios until you find something which says "English, AC3" -- this is the one you want. Then simply use DVD2AVI and select the correct audio track and you get the correct English AC3 to be downmixed to 44.1kHz WAV that you can use with TMPGEnc.