1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio probs

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by slann, Sep 5, 2003.

1. slann

slann Member

i downloaded a video file but it plays with no audio. the divx program gives me the following message:
    This file contains unknown audio data.
    The file contains the following type of data:
    Audio data: Tag 353

then it says i may need to download a new codec- but does not say which one.
    can you help??

2. mac71

mac71 Guest

Download a program called AVIcodec then load you DivX.avi file into this program.

At the bottom of the window there will be a line item with the audio information in it.

If it says the file is unsupported just click on the web button out to the right and it will take you to a web site to download the needed codec.

3. slann

slann Member

Thank you so much for your swift reply. I did as you suggested and downloaded the AVIcodec. I then installed it. I didn't see how to run my video file thru it. Can you explain?

4. mac71

mac71 Guest

you should see a button that I believe says set file and it has a green check mark on it.

Click that button and browse your directory to find the AVI in question then double click it to load it into the program.

5. slann

slann Member

sorry- just figured out how to run the file thru the codec- but there is still no sound. Very frustrating! Any ideas!!!

6. mac71

mac71 Guest

Can you post the information from the line item with the audio info?

7. slann

slann Member

I don't understand your request (sorry- I'm new to this stuff)
    please don't lose patience with me- it drives me crazy that I can't get this to work

8. mac71

mac71 Guest

After you load your file into AVIcodec look down at the bottom of the window. You will see a line item containing the info about the audio in the file.

Copy and paste everything about the audio that is listed in that line to this thread.

9. slann

slann Member

is this what you mean:

Audio : 23 MB, 64 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 0x161 = Windows Media Audio V2, Supported

10. mac71

mac71 Guest

What programs have you used to try and play this file where are you getting no audio?

11. trying

trying Member

Hi, I'm also having real problems with getting audio after converting AVI files to MPG files Using TMPG (and having already downloaded ACE Mega CoDecS Pack v.5). Can anyone help? I'm very much a novice in this... Thanks.

12. slann

slann Member

windvd
    windows media player
    divX player

same with all: no audio- though the divX is the only one that gives an error message

13. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Dont install every codec found in codec packs, only install what is necessary.

@slann

An audio tag 353 error means you are missing the Windows Media Audio v2 codec.

You can find the codec in the Nimo Codec Pack.
    Just be sure to remember my message at the top of the post before installing. :)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...pack&btnG=Google+Search_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is but a dream...so wake me up already!!![/small]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  14. slann

slann Member

did as you said, but it still doesn't work. same error message, same problem. any more ideas? (am close to giving up)

15. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Have you tried playing the movie in windows media player?

Or any other player other than the divx player?

BTW are you using the new divx 2.5 player? There are some people that are experiencing some problems with that player. Id suggest using either the last version of the divx player(2.1), I believe or switch to a more stable one like windows media player 6.4 which can be found in the windows media player program folder or my personal favorite zoom player.

Good Luck.