1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Query.......

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Altn8r, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Altn8r

Altn8r Member

Hiya peeps - I have a Wharfdale DVD player and an excellent bargain it was. Now, my query is this: I have my dvd hooked upto an receiver via optical and my dvds play in glorious DTS/DD5.1 HOWEVER, whenever I burn a CD of MP3s or VCD (using Nero)the audio only plays direct through my television and not through the optical out/digital receiver. I understand that SCART deals with both audio and visual, but y then do my DVDz play through optical out yet these home made CDs dont? I apologise in advance if this is a newbie question, but then, I am a newbie afterall! Thanks in advance for your help guys :)

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

It will only play through the tv because its a different audio type. DVD uses ac3 wheras vcd uses Layer-2 44100hz 224kbits/s. DVD's are usually Layer-1 48000hz and up to 448kbits/s. Mp3's use layer 3 44100 or 48000hz up to 320kbit/s.

Try for mp3, encoding with 48000hz 320 kbits/s I think that could be compatible!