1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio recording problem

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by cormega, Jan 14, 2004.

1. cormega

cormega Guest

iight man fusk... I had my computer for 1 year, and my soundcard is fried... when I record (using acid pro 4.0), the levels were off... if anyone heard my tracks you can hear my shit is panned to one side... but I didnt make it like that, it just records like that... and it aint my mic or mic cord because ive recorded on grymm's computer and it worked FINE... so I copped a new soundcard and installed it, and now it records evenly, on both sides, but is MAD low. I checked settings>audio options and made sure the mic shit was up, everything is up... but its still mad low and I cant record cause of this problem... now some cats told me to get a tube pre amp, some told me to get a mixer... i dont know what to do... if I can fix this problem wit out gettin either id be happy, i dont got the dough like that... but im willin to do whatever to fix this problem... (pause)... but anyways, what the fusk is the illest to do?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You'll have better luck posting in this forum:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/37

What exactly do you mean by "the illest thing to do"? When you repost you may want to try explaining your problem in English so others can figure out what you're trying to say.

3. Gansuh

Gansuh Member

Double click on the speaker icon in the system tray, down by the clock. This will bring up the system volume control. Click on options, then properties. A properties window should come up, select recording, then OK. The volume control is now the Recording Control, click options again, then advanced controls. Most sound cards have a microphone gain boost that will appear as a button below the microphone slider.

Also, your original sound card, is it possible that the pan had been accidentally adjusted to one side in the Recording Control window?