1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Recording Problems

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by watsonf, Aug 29, 2007.

1. watsonf

watsonf Member

I just got nero 7 ultra for vista. The problem is that now i do not have all the fetures that i did have. Before i was able to record from my microphone port and now it does not give me that option is there any ideas on how to get more use out of my nero 7 program?

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I think the problem you are having is related to Vista and not Nero. You might check to see if you can get any sound from the inputs on your sound card, I believe the Vista drivers would not allow this. I only used Vista during Beta testing, so some things may have changed, but experiment with the settings on the sound card to see if you can get any sound from an input to record from the microphone or line in, or possibly another input.

3. watsonf

watsonf Member

I can get an input from the microphone i just can not get nero to give me the option that will allow me to use the microphone

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I don't have Vista to experiment with, so I can't help pin this down. I still believe it has something to do with Vista, or perhaps what Nero did to appease Microsoft.

Perhaps check the recording devices or some other setting that would put the audio where Nero can find it. In XP, I don't even have the microphone enabled in the audio control panel. Also remember some audio devices will change their input connections depending on your setup. Perhaps the microphone plug has changed to another type. But this would all depend on your audio driver and device.

Which utility are you using to record the audio? For instance, SoundTrax opens with "Phone Line" as the default recording device on my setup.