1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio skipping after burning?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by snipster4, Nov 25, 2005.

1. snipster4

snipster4 Member

Hey.

I have tried to make audio cd's from high quailty MP3's that play back fine on the comp. But when I try to burn them with Nero 7, LG DVD Dual Layer drive some of my songs skip. I have tried lots of different media but still the same thing.

Is this my burner causing problems?
    How can I fix this?

thanks

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

have you tried to burn at the slowest speed possible!!!!
    Can you supply your nero log for us to see if there is something abnormal?

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

im having a similar problem as posted above and it would be sweet if someone could offer some insight.

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

well we arent going to get far with out the log file if you are using nero and your pc stats.

post them here and i'll see if a few others can join the party and nut this out

later

andmerr

5. elistion

elistion Member

I just ran into this problem this week.

I'd previously burned well over 1000 audio cdr disks and then rebuilt this computer after a hard drive failed.

First 3 cds that I burned (with nero 7 ultra) all skip through each song but the mp3 plays back fine on the computer and my ipod. Rebunred one of the cds and it skips in the exact same place as the first copy.

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

WE STILL WONT GET VERY FAR WITH OUT MORE INFO.What are the discs you are using, the program used and the speed that you burn.While your at it , it would help if you provided your pc stats

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2005
  7. SeanZ0r

SeanZ0r Regular member

yes yes, dont burn you're cds at MAXIMUM SPEED, try 1/2 the speed, or less.

8. xboxdevil

xboxdevil Guest

Ive had a similar problem the cds i copied work fine on my dvd player or discman but when ever i try them on my neighbours hi fi system they skip very badly the system isnt very old and non copied cds work fine on it.Ive tryed different brands cd-rs but they all do the same.i use nero 5.5.10 as that was the only free one i could find.i dont have a dvd burner so i dont really need a newer version of nero.i normally burn at 52speed.sometimes i convert the files from mp3 or wav to audio or sometimes i just copy from 1cd to another(cd to hdd,hdd to cd-r)

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

there's a few threads about this problem. basically Nero 7 has a slight issue with audio, i think it's a case of copying a few dll files around, will see if i can find some links

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

i just found a way to stop the skipping. now i have burned literally hundreds of audio cds and they have all played back fine, over a period of 3 years, and then suddenly last week my audio cds start skipping, and i have not had any hardware changes or installed anything new. i use nero 6.3.1.2, ive had it for awhile.

what i did, instead of burning the audio cd as 'disc at once' burn it as
    'track at once' and see if it makes a difference for you. i was using Hewlett packard cd-rs, which are very good quality. and have been fine in the past for me.

11. elistion

elistion Member

Where do people get this idea that burning a cd at a faster rate will cause data loss or a degrade in quality? The 1000s that I said I've already burned were all at the max any drive I've owned could burn. My current 52x Memorex drive has burned hundreds without a hitch.

For those bitching about computer specs:

amd64 3800, 2GB ram, 80GB sata maxtor drive, 4x250GB sata maxtors drives, 1 LG DL dvd burner, 1 memorex cdr/rw

My specs HAVE NEVER been a problem. I simply reinstalled Windows and Nero and everything since then has had issues. Is there some kind of library file that I'm missing or codec that is used when MP3s are converted and burned?

12. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ elistion : i wasnt talking to you my question was directed to snipster4.

please refrain from using language that isnt appropriate please, this is a clean site.

13. snipster4

snipster4 Member

Comp specs.

AMD 64 3000+
    1 GIG RAM
    120GIG SATA HDD
    LG Dual Layer DVD Burner

Nero 7.0 & tried the newest ROM 7.0.1.2?? I Think it is.

I burn on 4x and I put done my read speed to 8x and it works a little better. I have tried Memorex, Fujie, Sony CD-R's.

I have heard rumors that Nero 7 has issues with burning music could this be the case? Should I go back to Nero 6.6?

snipster

14. legnabar

legnabar Member

Hi Everybody,

I'm new in this forum. I'm from Spain. I've been searching the web about audio CDs burning issues in the new version of Nero (7), and I found interesting this forum.

I'm having the same problem like you: I upgraded to Nero version 7 since the released of it and I burnt some DVDs, Data DVDs, video DVDs, all of them with no issues at all. Two days ago I decided to create an Audio CD from some MP3 and the resulting audio CD was full of glitches (most of them at the end of the CD).

I though it could have been due to the bad quality of the CD Media (I used some cheap media I had bought on a big store), so I decided to try it with good media and bought a spindle of Verbatim branded CD-R, but again the same happened. I tested also with other branded media: Imation, Platinum, ... but the audio CDs burnt sounded badly on my stereo and even playing them on the computer with WMA or Winamp.

Then, I decided to downgrade the Nero version down to 6.6.1 (the one I´d been using without problems until then) and "voila!!" all issues disappeared: I burned the same Audio CD using the non-branded cheap media with no issues. I thing that Nero has done something bad this time with the new release. I hope They will solve the problem in future releases, because I really loved Nero 7. Until then I think I will stay with the "old" Nero 6.6.1.

By the way, Do you know if there is any work-around or setting within Nero 7 configuration that could solve this problem?

Thank you.

Regards,

15. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i dont particully like your choice of media, do you get a better performance with the other brands like TY's /ritek/sony etc

16. elistion

elistion Member

I've personally used tdk, memorex, office max brand, rydata, hp, and a half dozen other brands. I've never noticed any difference whatsoever when burning music, DVDs, xbox, ps1/2 backups or simple data. the only difference I've run into is how badly my Sharpie is going to smudge.