1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio skipping

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jim_green, Jan 20, 2007.

1. jim_green

jim_green Guest

Hi peeps, I am having a bit of trouble and plenty of coasters lol!
    Right i have lots of mpeg files that i have converted with winavi and burnt onto dvd with nero it works fine in my dvd player but my portable dvd player it plays the first (mpeg now vob file) fine i go to skip to the next and the audio skips and makes like a scratching sound and is like this for all the rest of the dvd. I have tried burning at different speeds, different media discs, converting at a different audio bitrates all to no avail.
    I have been backing up movies and stuff for quite a while now with none of these problems any help would be appreciated.
    Many Thanks

Jim

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If possible it would be a good idea to try converting with another software to see if that helps. I use Nero Vision 4 from the Nero 7 suite and ConvertXtoDVD from VSO. Nero has a full function trial if you don't have it. I think VSO marks the output. Check and see on that one.

3. jim_green

jim_green Guest

Thanks for your reply i will try this i will get back to let you know how i got on. :)

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Good luck.

5. jim_green

jim_green Guest

Hi pacman convertXtodvd worked so thankyou.

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome and glad to see you got it done.

The nero vision 4 works equally as well as the ConvertXtoDVD for me. Use whichever is easiest for you though.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  7. jim_green

jim_green Guest

I will have a go with nero vision 4 as the conversion times are pretty slow with convertxtodvd