1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio source wont open VDR file in TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by cmgames, Apr 3, 2005.

1. cmgames

cmgames Member

Hey there,

I have been following this web link http://www.videohelp.com/srtsubsvirtual.htm to add subtitles to an avi so i encode it to vcd. I have tried using TMPGEnc to encode it and i am able to add the vdr to the video source fine but when it comes to the audio source it says it cant open. Any ideas on whats happening? I've followed all the instructions on that website fully up to frameserving the video and leaving it running whilst opening the TMPGEnc as well.

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

That's exactly what it does. It does not frameserve audio.

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Reading the guide:
    [bold]
    IMPORTANT, before doing this you have to have installed the "handler" so go to the Virtualdubs folder and run auxsetup.exe and hit the button Install Handler and click OK. Exit it and it's done.(if you get trouble using the frameserver read this guide for more info.)

Select File->Start Frame Server.
    A Frame Server Setup window appear, click Start and a save window appears, Save the file as anything.vdr.
    [/bold]
    otherwise you can use my guide (wink, wink) to encode without frameserving or, if you have FFDShow, to add subtitles direclty subtitles with TMPGenc. Just PM me if you need it

4. cmgames

cmgames Member

aldaco12 check your pm:)

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

you too.