1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio streams in DVDFab Platinum 5.0.9.0

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by dr_ml422, Oct 2, 2008.

1. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Hi. I just noticed that when you check off the audio streams you don't want in dvdfab 5 plat and leave the one you do want checked and set to default w/the green arrow, it will copy the audio stream that's still highlighted in blue. This was not a problem in previous versions and I only caught it because it was brought to my attention by a friend. I like the 1 click function and having to constantly view the preview window to make sure the correct audio is playing is a pita. This is in Main Movie. Don't know if it happens in Full Disc or Customize. The function to remove unwanted streams is good, but if they're going to copy the one that is still high-lighted in blue even though it's checked off and the one you want is checked, that isn't good imo. If there's any suggestion regarding this, or for that matter an issue that has already been brought up concerning this and a possible fix in the works that's greatly appreciated as always. Thnx.

Btw pathplayer was disabled on the one that was brought to my attention, but it still does the same w/pathplayer enabled also.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

I tried to reproduce your problem with version 5.0.9.8 but I couldn't. Everything came out correct.

3. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Hi dialysis1. You mean 5.0.9.8 was the previous version? I think so because when I checked for an update it said i had the current version in 5.0.9.0. is this a bug then? Does fengtao know about this? Like I mentioned I did send them a contact e-mail regarding this. Let me know if indeed it does happen in 5.0.9.0 and not in 5.0.9.8 like you said. I know for sure that in previous versions it didn't do this. What's the recommended course of action then, other than contacting fengtao like I did. I think keeping it simple would better suffice than trying to make it into a video editor also. Shrink doesn't even do this. It completely gets rid of the audio streams. Thnx.

4. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  5. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

@dr_ml422

When you go to the dvdfab page, click on 'download' and it will take you to the current downloads available. Under 5.0.9.0 you will see a link for beta version 5.0.9.8, which is the latest beta version.

I do not see the extra audio streams, as you have mentioned. I know they are still visible on the menu, but when you click on them, nothing should happen. I checked this out with a few I have done with 5.0.9.0, 5.0.9.8, and a few older versions.

6. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Hi fellas. When I try to uncheck 1 of the english subtitles which sometimes comes w/more than 1, it'll uncheck it but then that row will turn blue and you'll see the subtitles being played in the preview window. If I leave it like that it'll copy it w/the subtitles playing. It will do the same w/the audio streams if the stream I unchecked is blue, even though the 1 I want is checked. I just downloaded and am trying out the beta 5.0.9.8 and the same thing happens. Is there a way to uncheck the subpicture or the audio stream you don't want and not turn it blue but leave it grey? That's the only way it'll copy what you want with the row that you unchecked grey. Do you suggest uninstalling any previous versions b4 installing any updated ones?

Also I just copied a movie w/an older version, 4.1.2.0 and it doesn't highlight the streams or subpictures when you check them off. Help me w/this if you can. Read the guides. Only thing it suggests is being careful in movie mode of copying something other than the movie if pathplayer is not enabled. Thnx.

7. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Strange, as when I do mine (I use customize), I have no problems with it at all. Then again, I also keep the preview window closed.

8. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Seems they fixed this issue w/the beta. I also removed any previous versions from my pc and used Ccleaner to get rid of the rest. Just a precaution and maybe better to do in the future than just writing the new program over the old. Support just got back to me and are on this also so hopefully any issues/bugs concerning this or anything else should be ironed out. Thnx fellas.

9. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

Why do you keep the preview window closed? Is it significantly faster?
    I often wondered but never bothered.

10. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I keep it closed as I see no need for it. I only bring it up if the disk contains music videos, and I want to make sure I have to right ones.

11. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

Makes perfect sense to me. Thanks.

12. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

I seem to remember reading somewhere in regards to DVDShrink that closing the preview window would help speed things up, although I have never been able to tell the difference, it stands to reason that if it were true for Shrink it could be true for DVDFab as well.

13. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

As far as I know, the preview window is only open when you are doing your settings and not during the ripping, tho I could be wrong. I have never seen it open during the ripping stage.

14. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Well I was wrong. It hasn't been fixed in the Beta. I just redid the movie that the issue was presented with, "LADRON ROBA A LADRON" english title is "TO ROB A THIEF". Also just finished "STREET KINGS" and the same thing happens. When you go check what you want in audio the last one checked remains blue and that's what's copied. Don't know what the reason for the blue highlight is other than maybe bells n whistles. Just replied to Fab about this as they replied to my earlier e-mail on this issue. Anything you check should play. I figure that's the reason for having a check box. They'll figure it out. They always do. Thanks to the preview window on this matter or I'd be copying video w/the director telling the whole story.

15. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I have done 'Street Kings' with dvdfab and didn't have any problems like you are describing.

Have you tried a clean reinstall? Delete dvdfab, use ccleaner to wipe all traces of the program, then reinstall fresh?

16. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

I did delete it. All of it. Then I installed the Beta. I also used Ccleaner to remove anything left over. I got to do the movie but had to be mindful of the audio stream that was playing by looking at the preview window. I'll uninstall it again and see if the problem w/the highlighyed audio in blue will still play even though it's unchecked. Anything in the guides on Main Movie I could be missing? I doubt it. Also I think support at Fab would of told me if I was doing anything wrong.

17. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Same problem. I did a clean re-install. I deleted all folders and files. When I go to uncheck the box of the audio stream I don't want it remains blue. That one wil play and it's the stream where the director tells the whole movie. It'll happen even though the top audio stream is checked. Very frustrating as you have to make sure that what you check is also highlighted, or it won't play that stream.

Btw I ran a virus check and also ran spybot and everything's fine. I'll let the author's figure it out. I feel that when you check a box then it should be highlighted automatically and play that stream, or just eliminate the blue highlight altogether.

18. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Last thing I can suggest is to rip to you HDD with dvdfab then compress with dvd shrink. See if that works.

19. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

the movie rips. it's just that i have to be careful about what audio stream is highlighted. ! quick ? Can i download the dvdfabhd free even though i have the platinum version. Tried to do so in the free stuff link in fab and it gave me the 5.0.9.0 version w/mobile n everything. not the simple version.

20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

This is something that i noticed with DvdFab, it's not intuitive to know which is the correct audio stream. I just select all if i'm not sure. Sometimes i rip the entire disc to the hard drive, then use DVD Shrink to work out which is the correct audio stream. Then i use DvdFab to pick the correctly identified stream. It's a pain in the behind so i nearly always just give up and choose all streams. I use DVD Rebuilder for virtually all my movies anyways so having extra audio streams doesn't affect the quality as Rebuilder wipes the floor with other programs like Shrink, DVDFab etc etc

Yes, you can use both; in fact i've got 3 on this machine -
    DVDFab HD Decrypter 4.1.2.0
    DVDFab Platinum 4.1.2.0
    and the latest 5.x Platinum version. The 4.x versions can co-exist happily with 5.x versions. I don't use the 4.x versions anymore though.

There's another link for the freebie version somewhere of the DvdFab site.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008