1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio sync in divx

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by seahawker, Aug 20, 2007.

1. seahawker

seahawker Member

I have been searching and cannot find my same issue...

I am attempting to back up my copy of Greys Anatomy season 2 in divx with DVDCopy5.

When I play it the audio is way out of sync. I've backed up many movies between episodes and the audio sync is fine, go back and do a different episode of Greys and its out of sync...err

I experienced this sync problem only one time before and that was Episode 1 of Roots. I just expanded the title and unchecked the intro and it fixed it. Greys has no such intro.

I have played the dvd and it is fine. When I preview the title to encode in DVDCopy5 there is no problem, audio matches the lips. It is when it is done and I look at it I see it did not sync.

HELP!!! Thanks

2. jony218

jony218 Guest

Is the episodes you want to encode in a folder, or are you trying to encode them on the fly?

If they are in a folder, try and run them through the program "FixVTS", that might fix the files, so that they stay in sync.

If that doesn't fix it, you might have a program that probably will have problems with that one dvd.

I've been using Dr.Divx 2.0 to backup episodic DVD's and it keep's them in sync and the quality is extremely good. But you need to have the files in VOB's. The program is free and will use whatever Divx encoder you have installed in your computer. It's just something to try if your go to program can't encode the episode you need.

http://labs.divx.com/DrDivXDownload

3. seahawker

seahawker Member

Thanks, I do decode on the fly. AnyDVD.

I thought I remembered reading how to fix this in a magazine a while ago. Of course it is not one I saved.

I am a little baffled how this happens too.

Any help on the Divx file where the audio is out of sync?

I do appreciate you getting back to me!

4. seahawker

seahawker Member