1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio sync problem using nero vision express 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Vectra, Jan 12, 2006.

1. thesaint0

thesaint0 Member

it never worked the audio was still out and it was like it was in a bath tub, But.....

Check this out

hxxp://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/140540.php

not sure if anyone has seen this but to those who havent may be worth a look.

will be trying this once i have downloaded sony sound forge

2. rpungin

rpungin Member

Well, I tried installing Ulead Video studio on my laptop which does not have any other DVD Authoring software installed and still the same problem exists :(

I am buffled! I'll try writing Ulead tech support...

3. daphne.

daphne. Member

The problem is the dropped frames. When I try to convert, I see all of these frames being dropped as it converts. That's why audio gets ahead...dropped frames, but no dropped audio. ;)

WHY does a conversion software drop frames?

And is there a way to stop it?

4. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

HEY, THIS WAS A GREAT SUGGESTION..ALMOST FORGOT I HAVE SOUND FORGE AT HOME..I TOOK IT OFF MONTHS AGO. But, I'm skeptical of the resampling idea...most of the resampling I've done with S.F. applies to the whole file or the part you highlight and applie the resample to. Seems like this would only create more sync problems in other places. I think the problem is really with the VBR(varible Bit Rate) instead of CBR...the VirtualDub and changing the audio into CBR I think would be a better solution. Now, I just need to re-download the .avi files....I made 10 DVD's with 20 episodes...deleted the .avi's after burning( they were taking up too much room) then a week later Wife was watching them...and called me into the room.."Honey, There's a Problem"...She thought it was hysterical ....I'm not laughing.

5. drnknja

drnknja Regular member

i feel you man i wouldn't be laughing either now i have never tried this but i have had this problem myself and had to do something different to fix it everytimee i swear...but if i am wrong what does it hurt if some one knows how to do itcouldnt you seperate the audi and video from each other...then turn it in to dvd cause i can use some of my programs to turn an avi into just an mp3 so i figured why couldn't i turn it into 2 sepreate ones...i mean that is what avi is audio and viodeo interlaced so couldnt you un interlace them so that they would be to seprate tracks recording at the exact same time...just a thought if it is possible let me kow how i will try it dont mind taking the time

6. thesaint0

thesaint0 Member

i am trying something similar to that but what i have done is ripped the audio off in Wave format set the settings to 44,100 @ 160kbps and selected CBR. then saved it coverted it to Lame MP3, and selected the video and the new mp3 audio and converted it back to AVI.

Looking good so far takes a while but i got 2 more episodes to try before i go to disk.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  7. daphne.

daphne. Member

It isn't the audio that's causing the problem...it's the video. Even if you seperate the audio and the video, the frames will still be dropped in the video conversion.

Like this:

V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V
    A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A

Frames get dropped so it's like this:

V V V V V V VV V VV V V VV V
    A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A

And the audio gets ahead.

Does anyone know why frames get dropped?

8. drnknja

drnknja Regular member

well if you know this for a fact the the only way to fix this would be to either add the frames back in dropp the audio frames or stretch the video frames back the original size...but here is my thing how do you know it is dropping just video maybe it would drop audio and video together if they were transcoded together but asd 2 different files so it would end up short on both sides just an idea but how do you know it isn't right and if what you have shown here is a cut and paste or an exact duplication of something you saw then it isn't really dropping frames but adding them together they are only off by one frame 16/17 which is what it is in the first frame...not trying to be wise ass just wandering how this thing came about

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  9. daphne.

daphne. Member

Ya, I probably wasn't clear in my post from a few days ago...I was watching a conversion (I think it was virtualdub) and it showed the output of frames. I noticed that a LOT of frames were being dropped, and I looked into it. There's some info on AfterDawn, too. Apparently, that's what happens when audio gets out of sync later as the vid progresses...dropped frames.

The V/A thing was just my attempt at explaining it as I understood it.

When I get time, I'll search on AD and see if someone else has an answer.

10. newboymat

newboymat Guest

hey guys....

i have been having this problem too with nero.
    so rather than trying to fix it, i did something else.
    lost series 2, episode 12 and 15 were both out of sync on the origionals.

so i found another source and got them both and now they are ok.

nero would still screw them up though.

so i used convertx to dvd, the new vso divx to dvd.

sorted. lame menu, but it has a menu which is better than not.
    and i have episodes 11 - 15 all burnt to one dvd in good and watchable, and most importantly all in sync.

if anyone ever works out the score with nero, let me know...

till then for me anyway the way forward is convertx.

give it a go.

11. drnknja

drnknja Regular member

hey i dont know if this is true but some one was telling me that if you make chapter markers evry 2 ta 3 minutes it will always eliminate the out of sync issue...he also said that its not full proof it might fal out of sync but at the chapter marker it will reset to insync cause nero rechecks the it's auto sync every chapter...haven't tried yet personally but hey worth a shot no worse then any other idea

12. daphne.

daphne. Member

Ya...I heard that, too. I hate chapter marks, because no matter how well you think it's done you can still tell. However, it's better than the audio being out of sync I suppose. ;)

I was looking through some old conversions I did last year, and there isn't a problem. HOWEVER - I did them on Win 98SE. Maybe XP is the problem?

13. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

still working on a way "around" this problem. But, now I've noticed the problem is also in Nero Showtime, the same .avi that plays perfectly in sync with winamp..has audio lag in Showtime...the problem had got to be with the Nero Audio Codecs (AC3)

14. rpungin

rpungin Member

I ended up using VideoRedo http://www.videoredo.com
    It has a feature to adjust audio synchronization. Try it out, it works great!

15. jefflang

jefflang Member

Well after hours and a million coasters i can solve all your problems.

Simply find a nero version 6.3.1.10 with vision express 2 and all your worries will be over. No more sound lag / sync errors.

Must be this version!

Trust me!

please let me know if it works for you also!

16. daphne.

daphne. Member

That's the problem! Nero updated and build 6 is impossible to get any more. Unless someone has a link? *bats eyes*

But I agree - build 6 is the best. The ONLY issue is the compatability with some of the newer codecs...which might be the reason I upgraded, actually....

17. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

Ok, an Update...I got the 1st of the 10 DVD's re-burned, and the sync problem is fixed!...thank you VirtualDub..it did the trick..and is "growing on me"..it has great features..works well for cutting out unwanted frames(commercial trimming) when you first open the video file..it will give you message if it detects protental sync problems with the audio..under options you have the ablity to scan for "unreadable" frames ..you can elect not to "drop" these frames..always use *full processing mode. I take back the not liking it...I'm Loving it Now! 9 more discs to fix. Thanks for all the suggestions.

18. daphne.

daphne. Member

YAY! I gave up om Virtualdub because full processing seemed to take such a long time. But I'll do it again since it works!

What codecs were you using? I'm vaguely remembering an issue with XviD....

Thanks for the update. I hope this works as well for me, too. :)

19. tuna161

tuna161 Guest

Ok, reading through the thread, what is the final verdict? I'm trying to put 14 tivoed episodes on DL DVD, then I can DVD Shrink them to give out. I figure 3 DL and 1 single will cut it. Have been trying Nero Vison 3 with Nero 6 but didn't have support for DL, then upgraded to Nero 7 which does and first one started the damn out of sync audio in episode 3. Tried the TMPG Enc but damn, at 6 hrs an episode to recode I may as well just wait until the season is released! These don't have to be completely flawless jaw dropping crystal clear video. The video is fine. Just can't handle watching a non chinese made martial arts movie that looks like a chinese made martial arts movie.

20. jefflang

jefflang Member

Tuna, give my option a try. if you hunt you can find 6.3.1.10