1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio sync problem using nero vision express 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Vectra, Jan 12, 2006.

1. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

@gary5984
    During my off time from AD and work, i played around with nero vision and came to the conclusion that Smart Encode caused failures for me and unchecking it increased the encode time, but got it to work. I also found that converting the files with another program, before giving it to Nero Vision, caused 100% success, while letting Nero Vision convert files into a DVD format caused failures about 40% of the time for me. So i used a program called Advanced X Video Converter to do the AVI to VOB. That program also joins MPG files into one big one. I found Vision could only handle something like 70 titles before it reached its max title limit, but joing small files into one larger one reduce the number of titles.
    It has a free trial period, but i bought my copy a year or so ago.
    http://www.aoamedia.com/download.htm
    Im not saying that is the best way to do it, or that this is the best program. It works for me, and that is what i use for file conversions. Good luck and happy burning. :)

2. tommy6

tommy6 Regular member

i used dvd santa to convert it before i used express that worked fine i might try Advanced X Video Converter for another option

3. bungleuk

bungleuk Member

k, I have been toiling with this problem about the audio and video slowwwwwwwwly going out of sync when burning avi's to DVD using *insert favourite DVD authoring tool here*, but more than likely Nero,

I have read thread after thread after thread on numerous forum site, and everyone banters on about using this tool, that tool, the other tool to reorder/resize audio video streams to match their lengths, using things like avidemux to do something i cant remember right now, I could go on....however, NONE of these seem to be effective. And believe you me, I have tried all manner of suggestions from so many people i'm frankly getting a wee bit pee'd off! as I'm sure many of you are.

Now i claim not to be a brain surgeon, but it did occur to me that the problem only EVER occurs when i try to burn files that appear to have been encoded using Xvid codecs. I notice this because when i burn all my episodes of 24, prison break, commander in chief etc, they all mention Xvid in the file name, suggesting thats the codec that was used, and sure enough, the audio is out of sync within 10/15 minutes,

BUT!!! all the movies i've burnt all seem to use DivX codecs, and i have NEVER had but a single blip when burning, all perfect, except one, mention no names, but surprise surprise, it was encoded with Xvid. The audio was out of sync after 16 minutes, only by a fraction, but by the end of the movie, nearly a full 3 seconds. unwatchable!!

Now here's a weird thing, when you watch that self same movie in Nero Showtime on my PC, the same problem occurs, audio goes out of sync. Unless, you stop it, and move the slider bar back to a set point in the movie, start again, and bang!! audio/video back in sync!! huh?? am I going mad?

Now, i'm assuming a penny dropped here as something seemed to make sense, I didnt have Xvid installed, but i did have DivX. playing DivX's work fine, Xvid's don't, they go slowwwwwly out of sync........go figure? has the light begun to shine for anyone yet??

I uninstalled DivX, and installed Xvid and now things seem so much better, as Xvid appears to more adept at decoding DivX than the other way round. but i remain sceptical!!! I dont believe anything will ever solve this problem.

Am I talking BS here? someone advise me, i'm going insane............

bungleuk

bungleuk is online now Add to bungleuk's Reputation Show the link to this post

4. bungleuk

bungleuk Member

ok! forget that. It totally didnt work. still having sync problems, even when i watch it on nero showtime, i get these little digital glitches and thats when the sync goes out.

Using windows media player seems better, but problems still occurs.

This sync problem seems to occur with TV programs, which i assume had been tivo'd, movies tend to be less of a worry (i've only had one movie out of 37 go funny on me so far!)

5. decaramas

decaramas Member

Hi

I have been trying to use virtualdub, but when i go to save as an avi it tells me that no audio decompressor can be found to decompress the source audio.

can anyone help?

6. aws9736

aws9736 Member

im having the exact same problem but i have like 20 files to do and it worked fine on the first 6 now i cant get it to work how do i fix this

7. mphutchy

mphutchy Member

I found a good program that sorts this problem out, trouble is I can't remember where I found it. It's a small file which I could email to you if you need it. Not sure how to attach to the Forum. Anyway what it does is takes the AVI file and converts it to another AVI file, with the Audio uncompressed, Virtualdub will then work fine.

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  8. aws9736

aws9736 Member

do u have the name of the program

9. 3dluis

3dluis Regular member

Yes, do you as I would like to have that program and we can't post emails in this website

10. adfan

adfan Member

Hi Banana,

Thanks for the fix. Unfortunately this didn't work for me. Got up to the point where I saved the file and the result was an 829 byte file - the original is 174 MB! This is using Avidemux 2.1.2.

VBR - check
    video: Copy - check
    audio: FFm MP2 - check

I'll tell you what though, during installation there was a msg that said that the program needs GTK something or other, but then it fired up without me installing that separate program. Suppose I better go install yet *another* program to try to solve this annoying issue.
    Oy! What a waste of $80 on freakin' Nero. I've gone through at least ten times that amount in mental health...

Actually, now that I've seen the list of dependencies for GTK, forget it. I'm just completely over this bullcrap. If Nero can't produce a fix then I won't be authoring dvds. These exercises in futility and frustration are killing me. I've been waiting several weeks between each attempt at solving the audio synch problem because of the rage-inducing installing & uninstalling programs, disabling codecs, seeing one program turn my 174 MB file into multiple gigs, another into less than 1K, etc. I'm gonna go find something intoxicating and call it a day.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  11. aLiDuCkY

aLiDuCkY Guest

hiya everyone new to the site and have been reading thread for the past few hours but its left me in a state of confusion. i have used nero for as long as i can remember and offers a nice easy way of making menus etc... there are many suggestions that have been put around but someone always seems to hit a brick wall with them.

is there any one single piece of software that does everything without missing audio sync, i dont wanna have to use some program and then open it with another, make menus with another and wash them all together... i need a simple program ie nero without the sync. please someone help

12. frustratd

frustratd Member

*adds my name to this list*

I've had problems for quite awhile now. First I had Nero 6 *something*, which started giving me '128errors'. To fix that I had to uninstall Roxio, uninstall DviX, install XviD, install FFDShow, run Nero clean tool, install Nero 7.0.8.2 [which is the newest version that is 'bugfree']. I had success with that, for awhile, now I'm getting the audio out of sync problem. It makes no sense, because this is happening in the middle of a season of burns, wouldn't you think all of them would be done the same? [Full Metal Alchemist]. But it also happened to Desperate Housewives, the first disc was a coaster of out-of-sync-audio nightmare, I just deleted it and gave up. Was having success with FMA, until episodes28 - 36, now I have an out-of-sync-coaster, and I'm back to square one. Chapters doesn't seem to help, because I choose chapters on my discs.

JUST LOOKING FOR AN ALL IN ONE PROGRAM TO BURN DVD's FROM TV SHOWS THAT WORK!

Hence my name 'frustratd', so I feel your pain, and hope we can find an answer soon.

So far the suggestions in this thread are ConvertXtoDVD, VideoRedo, Winavi, Avidemux2, AdvancedXVideoConverter...

HELP!!! lol

13. jarrvo

jarrvo Member

I was struggling with the audio sync errors.
    The fix i found was to use the following settings:

SmartEncoding: Disabled
    Aspect Ratio: Auto
    Quality: High Quality
    Sample format: Progressive
    Encoding: High Quality (2pas vbr)
    Audio: AC3

Write to Hard Disc Folder!!

This turned 4 episodes of Prison break from 750mb each into a 12GB dvd :D

I then used DVD Shrink on the files to reduce it to a 4.7gb dvd, and saved it as an iso.
    Then used nero burning rom to create the dvd.

it took 2hrs for the encodingg in nero, 40 mins to shrink it with dvd shrink and 5 mins to burn it to dvd.

but at least the dvd is perfect with no audio sync errors.

:D

14. frustratd

frustratd Member

jarrvo, I tried your recommendation, still out of sync... I think I'll try DVDSanta since I already have it but I seldom use it [mainly because you can't do menu, etc.] It's worth a shot at this point...

Doesn't ANYONE have a sure fire fix to this yet? [Each recommendation in this thread has had someone not have it work for them!] I cannot for the life of me see everyone having trouble with this and doing nothing about it! And a simpler solution than downloading 3+ programs to fix it???!!! Sorry, just feeling frustrated by a process that should be easy, used to be easy, and suddenly is hit and miss, just like my name says, I'm frustrated! LOL

15. tcharp

tcharp Member

The simplest method I have found is to use WinAVI to convert the .AVI files to .VOB or MPEG2 files. You can stop WinAVI from splitting the MPEG2 output files by deselecting "Split File" on the advanced options page. The .VOB (or MPEG2) files can then be added to NeroVison and they are in sync.

From my research this problem seems to be a function of the latest 2 NERO updates (7082 and 7232). I'm am unaware of any fix for NERO yet.

TC

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  16. Sunburn74

Sunburn74 Member

I found a solution. I had a bunch of xvid files that nero would convert with terrible audio/video mis-sync. Solution was to use DIVX converter to convert the xvid files to divx and then burn with nero as normal. Solved the problem for me.

17. mphutchy

mphutchy Member

3dluis asked

Sorry for the long delay in reply, If you are still interested the program name is AVI AUDIO DECOMPRESSOR V1.4 it was written by John Schlichther, so it says in the about section. It describes itself as:

This program is an *.avi to uncompressed PCM audio *.avi converter. It accepts an input avi which has both audio and video, and if the audio is compressed, decompresses it to PCM. The video remains unchanged. Whatever format the video portion is in remains untouched. If the input avi audio is not compressed, the audio remains unchanged.

I have a copy on my personal webspace it's just a simple exe file and the program does not actually install itself onto your computer. If it can't be found with google then your quite welcome to save from my webspace at

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/michael.hutchison/AVI Audio Decompressor v.1.4.exe

Let me know what you think...

18. uny529

uny529 Member

If I run my original file through this program and run the resulting pcm file through Nerovision, is the audio sync problem solved?

19. mphutchy

mphutchy Member

It may do. However, if there was a sync problem before uncompressing the file there may still be a problem once you run through nero vision. As stated in earlier threads, what I normally use is Virtualdub (or Virtualdubmod)to convert into a format that nero does not have a problem with. Good luck.

20. blarter

blarter Member