1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Sync Problems Using Nero Vision 4

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jkd_ba, Jul 2, 2007.

1. jkd_ba

jkd_ba Member

Wondered if someone can shed some light on why I'm having audio/video sync problems using Nero Vision 4 to convert my avi files to DVD. I'm using Nero Ultra v7.9.6, but earlier versions of 7 gave me the same problem.

My setup is a clean Dell P4 3Ghz, 3GB DDR2 RAM, 250GB HDD on a XPsp2 platform with the latest patches.

Virtual Dub doesn't tag the files as being out of sync and plays them fine. A slew of other players (Zoom Player, BS Player, Windows Media 11, VLC Media Player) play the files fine.

It's just Nero Vision 4 and it's companion Nero Showtime 3 that have sync issues with avi files which leads me to believe Nero has a codec issue.

With a host of avi and mpg files, I developed a desire over time to have them converted to DVD for playback on standalone players. Watching 1hr. programs on a computer isn't any fun.

Any suggestions/insights would be greatly appreciated,

jkd_ba

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

3. jkd_ba

jkd_ba Member

gwendolin,

Appreciate your rapid response.

I apologize for what appeared to be my not doing my research by searching the database beforehand for what I now know to be a common problem.

I use Firefox (along with some security add-ons) and every variation of the subject matter wound-up returning no results. After going to the thread you were kind enough to supply, I began wondering why I didn't find this when searching. One thing lead to another, eventually discovering IE had no problem returning search results so I used it for further searching.

After reading your supplied thread along with some others I discovered, there was no clear-cut answer. I took a chance on a product which was constantly mentioned (VSO ConvertXtoDVD) and found success.

It was not only quicker than NV4, but provides flexible menu choices, conversion was relatively quicker and it burnt the DVD to boot, producing a flawless DVD. Add the extra bonus of handling a wider range of video formats and the decision is a no-brainer. As painless an experience as I could ask for.

Based on reading the various posts along with my own experience with Nero 7, I'm going back to Nero v6.6.14 to use "Burning-Rom" only and leave the DVD-Authoring to ConvertXtoDVD.

Thank you soo much for your pointing me in the right direction!

jkd_ba