1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Tag 8192

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by markandco, Aug 24, 2003.

1. markandco

markandco Member

Just in case anybody is having problems with the above alert while trying to play movies.... Get AC3Filter to overcome the problem.

enjoy

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

The actual problem is the lack of an AC3 codec.

Downloading the AC3Filter or any ac3 codec you find is another option.

3. mcspo

mcspo Member

thanks dude it works

4. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Glad to hear it.

5. alfbriff

alfbriff Member

It took many hours of download of divx move. As I clicked on start, a query box warned that TAG 8192 missin. Consulted friends - no answer. Entered this forum. There was my much requested answer on a silver plate..an AC3 filter needed...I was overjoyed to hear the piano playing....muuuahhh...POWERDUP..u're great.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2003
  6. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Glad to hear you were able to solve your problem.

7. dawnafter

dawnafter Member

I started downloading a Divx movie, and half-way through i decided to use the AVI PREVIEW. Well it said that there was an unsupported audio file and that i could only see video w/no sound. When it was fully downloaded, Divx finally told me that it was a missing audio tag 8192. I went straight to yahoo.com and typed in AUDIO TAG 8192. I saw a link that directed me straight to afterdawn's forum, saw powerdup's link, clicked, downloaded, and whaa-laa, im able to play my movie. Didnt take no more than 5 minutes. And to think of the other movies i deleted cause i thought i couldnt watch them, and i was too lazy to go searching for a possible codec. Never again!!! Note:Try downloading the AC3 Filter first!!!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2004
  8. hronn

hronn Member

Hi

I did try download and install the Ac3filter and is working now but the audio is not good and not strong I did try to find out to do something but not success please inform me . I did open some movie with WMP and Divx but the qualiti of auidio is not good .

thx

9. aminat

aminat Guest

i followed your advice and installed the ac3 filter and it is still not working for me. the message no longer pops up saying missing audio tag 8192. it actually now plays the movie but still no sound. what should i do?

10. ghostship

ghostship Guest

I also have the ac3filter installed and i have the message:

missing audio tag 8192

Can Any help.......Please

11. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

AC3 audio probably wasn't made by a home-user, it's likely the AC3 from a DVD film ie. professionally made, with 120+ dB dynamic range typical of a digital soundtrack.
    For PC playback (or actually any playback without a gymnasium-sized basement) the audio should be processed with compression=high (especially Action ie. sirens/explosions/gunshots) and normalized to 100%.
    AZID will boost the levels typically 15-18 or even 20dB!
    I would honestly rather watch my backup than the DVD, if only for this reason.
    Many people use the AC3 in their backup, making a 1.4GB rip (over two CDROMs). This holds no appeal for me; but I am still setup with Dolby ProLogic playback so, I s'pose if I had 5.1 I might want AC3 too...
    If you guys are DLoading stuff with AC3, it must be HUGE, or what?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]IT Technician BSc MCSA
    XP2500+Barton 512MB PC3200[/small]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2004
  12. ghostship

ghostship Guest

Thanks [bold]The_OGS[/bold] for your words of wisdom

There are very large file 2.1Gb over 3 disc

[bold]I Found the Cure for the tag 8192[/bold]

[bold]
    [/bold]

I was looking for it Some 6 months back but, could not find anything, and now I got another file with the same problem, that had to go searching again,
    only to find many other people on other Forums with the same problem and no cure.

And then as if from nowhere using the same search after 2hours of reading forums, and papers on the problem.

This turned up

[bold]Codec Tag 8192 Audio Download[/bold]

What i could'nt understand after 2 hours why did'nt I find it earler!! , anyways

The Link was to a KAZAA EMULE page, lots of Adds, and not a sign of the TAG 8192, or info or any thing, I thought it was an Addertising Stunt just the get people to look at the site.

Then I clicked on the Search Box. the page went blank and reloaded itself, DAME RUDE, i thought.

I clicked it again, the page went blank again, and reloaded again, I did this a third time, same again, but this time a CODEC download window poped up, on info about it,

Just to install the wisewebware.dll

After a lot of hesitation, i desided to click OK,

2 seconds later, BANG, BLUE SCREEN, TOTAL SYSTEM CRASH

I was Not Pleased.

But it Did Work the files No Longer Complane About the

TAG 8192, and have full Audio.

Heres The LINK, For Any One That Needs It

[bold]BUT BEWARE, YOU MAY HAVE A SYSTEM CRASH[/bold]

http://www.wannawap.com/html/codec-tag-8192-audio-download

Take Note again:
    Like a fool I went back to this site 3 times to find out what went wrong, and help me write this lot

IT CRASH THE SYSTEM EACH TIME

STOP all your running programs, before you download this CODEC

[bold] GOOD LUCK [/bold]

13. farfelman

farfelman Member

huhu! monfrar!
    (stay with me im a little long winded)
    i had the same problem, then after comming here, i discovered that you need a AC3 Filter!, as our friend stated up there!, but!, not just any filter works!, (for me anyway), and i had to install not one!, not two!, but yes!, three filters before it worked!...!!!
    the filter i found that worked was in "nemolightpack" or nemos codec pack,...! but!, i can't tell you where to get it, because its been sitting on my computer for 6 months!... (not fully installed),... !!!

so! to recap: GO FIND IT
    _|_
    \|/
    \||||||||||||||||||||/
    -Nemo's Codec Pack!!!-
    /||||||||||||||||||||\

14. Tiggerpaw

Tiggerpaw Guest

Sorry you don't know where it is.

I hope you find it one day.

15. lasbikh

lasbikh Member

i ha have also installed the AC3 filter and it is still not working for me. the message no longer pops up saying missing audio tag 8192. it actually now plays the movie but still no sound. what should i do?
    please give a precise solution as i have many movies that have the same problem (tag 8192 message)

16. ghostship

ghostship Guest

17. farfelman

farfelman Member

well shit, soon after i did the ac3 filter it stoped working again, and i don't think anyone wants to have their system crash, but i do have an idea:
    you could burn it on a vcd and watch it on a dvd player.
    i downloaded the entire full metal panic series and it didn't work, so im burning it on vcds. (the only problem is that its a little off sync, but i thnk thats because my computer isn't fast enought to burn it right)

18. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

19. sporty450

sporty450 Guest

I was having the same problem, so I downloaded the ac3 codec. Now I have sound, but it is very low volume. I've tried every thing I can think of, but it's still barely loud enough to hear. Any suggestions.

mike

20. ghostship

ghostship Guest

Settings for the AC3 filter, can be changed inside

your system/mycomputer control panel