1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio tool -SSRC v1.30, can't locate .exe

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by NewbeeS, Jan 29, 2006.

1. NewbeeS

NewbeeS Member

Can anyone pls tell me why when i dowload SSRC v1.30 software from this site, my computer doesn't recognize the .exe file?
    I need to put VCD on DVD & when trying to call the .exe file of SSRC in TMPGEnc (for audio sampling), my computer does not recognize
    the file. I can not finish the Convert the audio into 48kHz.
    Can you pls advise???

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

3. NewbeeS

NewbeeS Member

Thank you for the link celtic_d but I´ve downloaded the ssrc-1.30.tgz
    & unzipped it which weighs 330kb. the problem is that my computer DOES NOT read this type of file. IT is UNKNOWN type file.
    I know it is suppose to be a It is a command line app but since my computer (PC- WindowsXP)can not read this type of file I can not even double click it to activate it.
    Any idea?

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

.tgz means that it is a gzip'ed tar file. Perhaps you just unzip'ed the tar? If that is the case, you need to unpack the tar file.

5. goodcop

goodcop Member

Hi. I have the same problem, I have downloaded SSRC and unzipped the file, which reveals 1 file of 330 kb but which is not recognised by windows. I am a newbie to this, and i have never heard of .tgz extensions or ter files!!! What are they, and how would i go about unpacking a tar file? Cheers!

6. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Winzip, rar, etc. all support tar files including tgz, tar.bz2, etc. Should be possible for it to uncompress and unpack in one go.

Such files are very common in the OSS comunity. More often for source packages though.

7. strwberri

strwberri Member

you may try to download from this link... this is a more complete download. The link here is only for a part of the files of my link. That's why most of you find that the file you download does not work.
    http://www.videohelp.com/download/ssrc-1.30.zip

8. asciichar

asciichar Guest

I was able to unzip the tarball or whatever its called using Winrar. Then you get a file with no extenstion. So I renamed it ssrc.exe. Then when I ran it as the external Sampling Frequency Converter for TMPGEnc Plus. It said it was not able to open the SSRC executable or something to that effect. Is this due to the file not being windows compatible?

9. GTOnut

GTOnut Member

I've unzipped the file and went to TMPGEnc under the environmental setting, then the audio engine tab, then under Sampling frequency convertor I clicked on external program and browse, then found ssrc and clicked OK. My problem is when I click on start I get an error that reads "ssrc.exe can not be used as external encoder" Anybody have any ideas or sugestions?

10. GTOnut

GTOnut Member

Well, I don't know what I did, but it works now. All I did was shut down TMPGEnc and brought it back up and everything is working fine. Sure beats the crap out of me.

11. MattId

MattId Member

I found that once I had extracted the file from ssrc-1.30.tar it created a file called ssrc-1.30 with no file extention. Opening this additional file through Winzip/WinRAR (run winzip first and browse to file) allows a further extraction to occur, which gives access to the required ssrc.exe file.

Hope this helps anyone else.

12. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

As I said at the start about just uncompressing, but not unpacking the tar.