1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio video sync issue

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by fajimenez, Jan 17, 2007.

1. fajimenez

fajimenez Member

I have tried to convert xvid AVIs to DVD-Video with no success (after upgrading to latest version.

I seem to recall performing 2-3 registry hacks to disable some unecessary features in earlier versions, but I can not find that thread.

I just upgraded to latest version (tried to run cleantool, but it didn't find the ..\Ahead folder)

Here is my log file below with file names redacted and S/N redacted. Any help that can be provided would be appreciated.

I actually did this successfully before, and paid for Nero so I am not willing to throw away my money:

I copied the whole log, I think it starts the burn for real about the 2nd time.

Thanks again!!

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

I don't see anything out of whack in your log. Your firmware is up to date as is your software. You're using halfway decent media, the Sony MIT.

I think what it comes down to is that NeroVision isn't a very good converter and never has been. Some versions seem to work better than others at reading timecodes and keeping the audio and video in sync. Where Nerovision seems to fall down is when it's processing an AVI that has damaged or nonexistent timecodes from ripping/editing.

Try converting with the trial version of ConvertXtoDVD. If that works correctly and everything is in sync, the AVI file is OK and NeroVision is just failing at its task. If ConvertX also has sync problems, you'll know the original AVI is hosed.

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

As a hint, I would suggest using either the Image Recorder or outputting a folder of video files to your hard disk from NeroVision and then if that's successful, burning the image file or the dvd video folder. That will eliminate having to re-encode an entire project as a result of a burn failure unrelated to the conversion.

The best solution to the AVI conversion problem is to purchase a DVD player that also plays divx. Depending upon where you live, some can be had for a few dollars more than the cost of a simple dvd player.

3. fajimenez

fajimenez Member

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try them and let you know how it goes.

I am trying this burn process on my work computer which is much more powerful to see how that goes.

I am doing this for my boss's friend who does not want to get the DIVX player or watch it on a laptop; for myself, I've bought an OPPO DV-970HD, and will never look back!!

BTW, I use TY DVD+R media for my personal stuff -- this is something my boss bought, I told her to buy Sony, since the last cake box I bought were SONY TY discs.

4. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

@fajiemenez,

You do not have enough space on your temp folder space. Clean it up and try again

Note: You need at least 10gig to have it work

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  5. fajimenez

fajimenez Member

So I downloaded and installed the VSO software.

This is extraordinarily better, but there is a very, very slightly perceptible sync problem. I am not sure if it is my player or not -- or the files for that matter.

I am going to try to burn to image in Nero, for one last try.