1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio/video sync problem with a twist

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by gordy4481, Apr 26, 2003.

1. gordy4481

gordy4481 Member

o.k so i know there are others with this problem but mine is slightly different in that i dont use tmpgenc or anything like it i simply burn my avi movies with nero letting it do the encoding but sometimes the movie is out of sync when i play in my dvd player. any suggestions?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Dont use Nero, It's not an encoder, simple as that it cant handle the job as well as TMPGEnc and the rest!

3. gkrshnn

gkrshnn Member

I don’t know why the Nero encoder is much maligned. I’ve been using it for a long time without any problems until recently. It’s the only encoder that’ll take a 700 Mb file, encode it, and burn it flawlessly on a 700 Mb disc. Out of the 150 discs I burned only one had audio sync problem. But, of late, it’s been turning my MPEG2 files up-side-down while burning. A lot has been said on this issue and the solution offered is don’t use Nero. Now, that’s no solution!!

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

That is a solution. Use TMPGEnc or something to encode then nero to burn! Those encoders will have better quality and more reliable playback! Nero was made burn cd's not encode video, ahead probably just decided to slap that in there to make it look a bit better!