1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio videos

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by camaro24, Mar 29, 2007.

1. camaro24

camaro24 Member

I am trying to burn a dvd or cd with music videos on it. I think these files are .mpg or m-peg files. I am useing nero6 to burn with. Thanks for any advice.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

3. camaro24

camaro24 Member

OH i'm sorry i forgot to ask my question in my post...lol. Yes that is what i am trying to do. When i burn the cd i go to nerovision express and click on vcd since im putting them on a cd. I used the guide which was the same way i did it the first time but i figured i would try it again and when i put the cd in my dvd player in my car it just want play. My dvd player reads it and recognizes it and even puts the menu on the screen but when i press play it just want play and a little stop sign will come up. I'm all out of ideas so any further help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for such a long post and thanks again for any help.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If your putting the discs in a DVD player anyway why not just make the videos into DVD format instead of VCD? Are you sure your players support VCD playback? Most do support VCD, but you never know. Will the discs play in your computer? It could also just be the discs themselves are not up to par.

5. camaro24

camaro24 Member

I tried to play the vcd through my computer and it done the same thing. The computer recognized the disc but still would not play it.

6. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Can you open up your preferred audio and video player and click file-open and select it? If not, does it give you an error?

7. camaro24

camaro24 Member

When I put the vcd in my computer it recognizes it and then when i try to open it shows me the files on the vcd. Then when i try to play them it just says the files cant be opened.

8. bahgee

bahgee Guest

9. camaro24

camaro24 Member

I downloaded the k lite codec package and the vcd still want play. When my computer reads the disc a page comes up showing these folders CDI, EXT, MPEGAV,SEGMENT, and VCD. When i open any of the folders they contains .dat files and my computer want open them. I'm not sure what is wrong i'm so lost on this one.

10. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Rt click and click open with. After that select windows media player. Have you doubleclicked the individual files on the disc? Try that. It should prompt you with a window that says open with and you choose from the list of installed programs. You would choose windows media player or K-Lite. Hope this does the trick. Good luck

I think you double click segment. If not segment d click mpegavi. If the double click doesnt prompt you an option for open with, rt click and choose open with.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2007
  11. camaro24

camaro24 Member

I tried this and i still get a message telling me that windows cant open this type of file. Thanks for all your help a patience bahgee.

12. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Hey no problem. Perhaps you can try it on a different pc. I hope you get a solution. Did you try double clicking on segment file etc? Good luck

13. camaro24

camaro24 Member

Yes it seems like i've tried everything but i'll try it on another com. and see what it does. Thanks for all the help