1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AUDIO_TS folders

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by Oriphus, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Are these folders where the Audio should be contained for DVD Audio. Im guessing it is, but just want confirmation.

Thanks

2. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

This is the directory where ALL the information for DVDA discs is contained. It works in a similar way to the Video_TS, VTS for short, and has the IFO files, The AOB files and everything the DVDA player needs.
    I'll open up a DVDA that we wrote and post the entire directory structure, along with a list of what's on it, if that will help to understand. It'll be sometime tomorrow, as I'm still mixing at the moment. 16 tracks to do, and 6 weeks to do them in!
    Deadlines - don't you just love them!
    Anyway, I digress. I'll post the directory structure either tomorrow or later on tonight.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Thanks Wilkes, im looking to understand it more since i know so much about the video side of DVD's :)

4. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Let's trade info then, as I need to understand DVDV a lot better, especially the construction of Universal discs and the abstraction layer stuff that apparently stops the VTSM in the VTS of a universal disc being understood. It's a totally brain numbing experience.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Are you looking to prevent access to the set menu or the opposite?

6. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Don't know. I need the disc to work in both DVDA & DVDV players. The DVDA ATS is authored in one app, and the VTS with the Dolby Digital & DTS files in another. The problem I have is the legality of the VTS for Universal DVDA discs, as if the VTS is authored in an "abstraction layer tool" it won't be a legal DVDA disc, and as such the VTS will apparently be ignored by a lot of DVDV players, defeating the whole object!
    It makes my brain hurt, I say!

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Are you doing this to put together a DVD A video disc, if that makes sense?

8. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Not really. I want to put together a disc that has the High Res 24/96 multichannel audio in the ATS, but also include the Dolby Digital in a VTS for compatibility with customers who don't have a fully fledged DVDA player.
    There will also be a PCM stereo version in the VTS for non-surround customers. I want to try and cover all the bases on one disc, although I'm not set in stone on this. It's supposed to be a bitch to do, and every DVDV reseller says I will need either Scenarist or Fusion to author a legal VTS for this purpose.
    Personally, I'm hoping the new Adobe product "Encore" will do the job, as I've just bought it and am waiting for it to arrive.
    I guess I'll just have to try it and see.

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Adobe Encore looks really good, especially for creating your own menus, with editing in photoshop a good feature. It has this feautre:

Comprehensive DVD output
    Write to all recordable DVD formats, ensuring the widest playback possible.

This is probably the main reason you bought it i would guess. Let me know how you get on with it, I would be interested to know.

10. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

One running commentary coming up!