1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audiobooks with a drm

Discussion in 'Audio' started by cunfusled, Sep 1, 2007.

1. cunfusled

cunfusled Member

i have tried every thing imaginable but i can get my stupid audiobook on to my ipod!! it is a wma with a drm.. i wouldnt mind waiting for tune bite but for some reason it will only convert the first min of every part (so like 7 mins out of 7 hours!) but its not fair because these are compleatly leagl audiobooks and they can go on to any protable device but because ipods are not portable devices but "removable disks" they can be put on ipods!!! so will some one plz recomend a program other then blaze pro media, tunebite, and that fair one cuz not worked for me

2. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

I use TotalRecorder in accelerated mode and can transcode a 16 hour book in two hours. I use LAME at 22KHz 48 Kbs and then chop it into 6 minute chunks with MP3 DirectCut. Works for me.

3. steven65

steven65 Guest

Hi olyteddy,

Just like you I too used Total Recorder and I am comfortable in using this device. One of my friend also advised me to buy LAME but I have sticked to Total Recorder because he did not tell its features. Just tell me how different LAME is?

Recently I came across http://www.hear-now-audio-books.com where Audio files from this website are compatible with the software that is already installed on most modern computers, so there's no need to have to clutter our machine up with yet more software.

4. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

LAME is the MP3 encoder, the numbers refer to the compression settings.

5. Delanna

Delanna Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2007
  6. Sheryl22

Sheryl22 Member

Yes you can go for it........ Lame gives you good speed and it will be of good quality.......... You can store so many things here.......... It is better to use it.................

In addition to this there is a website http://www.im-listening-audio-boks.com/ where you can download many things with the guidance of the staff members...............
    If you want just check it out..........