1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audiograbber "grabs" virtual DAEMON-drive....

Discussion in 'Audio' started by chochem, Feb 9, 2005.

1. chochem

chochem Member

I tried to search for this but with no results - in any case, I apologise if this has been debated. I have used Audiograbber for a long time and recently installed DAEMON Tools on a fresh install to mount an image of my encyclopedia. Now, when I installed Audiograbber, all it could "see" was the generic drive produced by the DAEMON manager - no other was available. I can of course just disable the virtual drive to make my real cd-rom-drive reappear but it's not a very good solution. Can anybody think of a better one?

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

have you tried changing the drive letters so your virtual drive is after your real drive? you could also try another ripping program, like EAC.

3. chochem

chochem Member

Uhm I wouldn't really know how - the DAEMON options only allow for changing the number of devices, so I guess it would mean getting Windows to assign a different letter to the non-virtual drive. In any case, it's somewhat embarrasing but the problem simply solved itself. I ran audiograbber once without running DAEMON in the background - got it to see the CD-ROM-drive - and now it recognises it even when the virtual drives are there. So there. Sorry for the inconvenience :)

4. chochem

chochem Member

Uhm I wouldn't really know how - the DAEMON options only allow for changing the number of devices, so I guess it would mean getting Windows to assign a different letter to the non-virtual drive. In any case, it's somewhat embarrasing but the problem simply solved itself. I ran audiograbber once without running DAEMON in the background - got it to see the CD-ROM-drive - and now it recognises it even when the virtual drives are there. So there. Sorry for the inconvenience :)