1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authored in DVD-Lab, error in Nero.

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Grafdude, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Grafdude

Grafdude Member

Ok I made this DVD which has several tv shows/movies in it, and it was all authored in DVD-Lab Pro v3.0.0.155. When I was happy with the authoring, I compiled the DVD which gave me the audio_ts and video_ts folers.

When I load the video_ts in Nero and order to start the burn process, I get warnings/errors in Nero:

-File size is not a multiple of a logical block size (2kb)
    -DVD-video files reallocation failed

Then nero prompts:
    The resulting dvd might be unplayable. Do you want to continue?

I figured might try it anyway, burned the DVD and tried it on my DVD and it worked just fine, but my main concern is that it may not play at all on older DVD's and such, I want maximum compatibility for my DVD's.

Am I freaking out or am I doing something wrong in the authoring process?

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Nothing wrong with your authoring.
    DVDLab adheres to dvdspec, in most cases.
    It's Nero, and Nero's method of checking dvd spec that generates the errors (usually).
    In this case, your original mpeg is probably not dvd spec, or you have a PAL mpeg, and you've authored it in an NTSC template. Nero will have spasm's if this is the case.
    If you want maximum compatibility, re-encode your mpeg to dvd spec for PAL or NTSC, depending on where you live, then author it in DVD Lab, using the correct template, then burn in Nero, also, using the correct settings for the template you chose (PAL or NTSC).
    You will also have to convert audio to AC3 to be dvd spec for NTSC. PAL will accept MP2 with no trouble, and although both may play LPCM .wav, it is NOT dvd spec.

3. Grafdude

Grafdude Member

Well the original videos were avi's (mostly were 25fps) with a PAL resolution (I need NTSC standards), and I just resized them (720x480),added borders with avisynth script and encoded, changed framerate to 29fps within CCE SP. So I guess I didn't do anything wrong.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

You would be better off converting/encoding to 23.976fps and then using pulldown.exe

5. Grafdude

Grafdude Member

Yes that's what I did withing DVD-Lab, but i didn't bother mentioning it... =P

But I have a problem, when the video plays at the begining, the audio is syncing fine, but the audio gets out of sync the more and more as the video plays.

Weird thing is that I time stretch the audio track in steingberg wavelab, so the audio track is the same duration as the video track. I noticed that when converting the fps to 23.976 and then using pulldown, the video will be slightly longer(obviously), so I time stretched the audio track accordingly, but it does not sync properly!

I figured might try it without touching the audio track, but the syncing problem is even worse!

What am I doing wrong here?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  6. Grafdude

Grafdude Member

Ok nevermind, I found out why the audio was not sync: When encoding the audio track to ac3, I forgot to set the fps to 23.976.

Now the audio is sync :D

7. pfh

pfh Guest

yah, good tip Grafdude! If you wouldn't have bothered to reply then the true power of forums would be wasted.

8. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Well done!