1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authoring Problem?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by trrkod, Dec 31, 2003.

1. trrkod

trrkod Member

Starting with MPEG file of say 4.4GB, I author with TMPGEnc Author, let it make chapters every 15 mins. or so, run the program. It makes the files in VIDEO_TS. Say, 4 VTS files along with all the others. The first 3 are
    about 1,000,000 kb the last is about 400,000 (the balance of the file). My problem: I burn the file to DVD
    with TMPGEnc's burning tool the video "completes successfully" upon playing,(in standalone) the DVD plays fine up untill the last 8-10 mins and then the picture freezes but the sound continues until the end. I tried burning the file with ImgTool, same problem. Checked frames with VirtualDub no bad frames. Played the individual VTS files in BS player all good but last VTS freezes also. So this file is causing problem but the ORIGINAL MPEG file prior to authoring plays fine no freezes all the way through. This has happened with 2 different movies, virtually in the same place, the last VTS file. Any suggestions? XP Home, P-4 @1.9 GH, 768RAM, 2X 80GB HD's, Free space 30 GB each, Phillips DVD+-RW, using Phillips DVD+RW media. TK

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well it seems to me that the Problem lies with "Tmpgenc DVD author" you either try makeing a New Video_TS folder or try a Different DVD authoring Program, The one I usually use for most Simple DVD"s is "DVD-Lab" it has Many More features than Tmpgenc DVD author and it makes Much More Profecinal Looking DVD"s......

3. trrkod

trrkod Member

Figured it out! Was problem with MainConcept encoder. File must have been damaged reinstalled, reencoded file, authored, burnt,played on standalone-- Viola perfect. Programs used MainConcept(great speed),Dvd lab, ImgTool. Thanks for the help TK