1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authoring without re-encoding

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by JoeT, Jan 30, 2008.

1. JoeT

JoeT Member

I am using Avidemux2 to make my mpeg DVD file. I would like to know what software is out there that I can use that will not try to re-encode my file. I would like to add simple menu with buttons. I am playing around with Dvdstyler and dvdauthor/gui. I was told that Nero 6 will do that?
    Will Mediachance dvd-lab or TempgeDvdAuthor re-encode?

Thanks
    Joe

2. varnull

varnull Guest

dvdauthor can't re-encode.. but it will split the file up into standard sizes to make the vobs etc. If you read the program user guide it explains in detail how to make a basic menu, though with what amounts to a skin on a command line tool a lot of the menu functions which exist in the CLI are not finished yet.

http://qdvdauthor.sourceforge.net/guide/f_complex.html

3. Suba

Suba Regular member

varnull told you about Author.
    DVD lab will not re encode your file either, and it is little more advance software than those template based once for menu.

4. JoeT

JoeT Member

I thought that DvdAuthorGUI and GUI DVDAuthor was the same but boy was I wrong. Am now trying out GUIDvdAuthor. Thanks for the input. Have other questions but that another subject.
    Joe