1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto GK subfotmat converasion

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by ZippyDSM, Apr 10, 2006.

1. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

How can I convert it to a format Virtualdub mod likes namely STR?
    Its not a normal SUB file Sub workshop dosent know what to amke of it >< and its the only program I can find that aculty makes a sub file of some kind ><
    What I want to do is make a AVI with the sub file in it so you can turn it off and on as you wish.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

If you want switchable soft subs, then I don't see how VDubMod would help since it only muxes subtitle streams to mkv/ogm and you want avi.

What you would have is VOBSub's, which are bitmap based. Basically the bitmaps from the DVD with the idx for timing. This is the only format possible for automated apps like AutoGK, since converting from bitmap to text requires OCR'ing.

Try SubRip, then AVI-Mux GUI. Thing is that internal subs are less compatible, so you really gain nothing except for the convience of a single file. For PC playback, external VOBSub's will work fine. Just you can't change the font.

3. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

It dose Xvid files well 0-o
    Is there any ORC program thats better than sub rip? I have heard it can take hours to sit and type in stuff 0-o
    the only downside to subresync is it has no back back button once you mess up you have to start over ><
    I can try it and see *L*
    this whole sub thing has me for a loop *L*

Ooo nevermind it was alot easier than Sudrecync ^^
    thanks for the tip!
    Man Subrip can learn and remember letters damn this thing is good,it could have on the fly editing of the font so you can get a word right or the font of the word right but hell I am impressed!as it is its a great little program ^^
    now only if I could find a ripper faster than Auto GK 0-o

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006