1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Installer Deluxe and New 200 GB Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jamieshan, Aug 17, 2005.

1. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

I just bought a 200GB hard drive to upgrade my Xbox. I have Auto Installer Deluxe 2.11. Is this all I need to install my new hard drive? I read somewhere that this program does everything for you? True? Thanks for the help!

2. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

Assuming that this is not unlike the Slayers 2.x CD/RW's that I burned then yep this should allow you to format your XBOX™ HDD to the 'XFS' (XBOX™ File System),. And then presumably proceed to install the 'M$Dash' and some other Dashboard replacement (i.e Evox or Avalaunch),. At which point you may have the option to install such things as the 'XBOX™ Media Center' or 'BoxPlorer'.

The main trick here is to use Media that your XBOX™ can read. Give the general distates the XBOX™ has for CD-R's you'll have to use something like CD/RW's or DVD±R/RW Media. The other 'Trick' is to have a properly Flashed (with a cracked BIOS Image), Modchip that can boot Unsigned Media. Without which you will not be able to use such a Media be it a CD/RW or not.

3. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

Thanks for the input. I got the drive installed, but my only problem is that it's only recognizing 128gb of my 200gb hard drive. I have an Xbit modchip and the evo m8 plus bios. I followed the Auto Installer Instructions to a t but I can't get the system to recognize anything close to 200 gb. What gives? What's my next step? Thanks again for all the help I've received on this board!

jamieshan

4. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

I don't know about the 'Evox M8' or anything over 'Xecuter2 498x.xx or 9478.xx (with FTP), as those 'Firmwares' are coded. But owning an X-b.i.t myself I can tell you that the 'Xecuter2 4981.67 (4980.67) is probably the best one to use since you can use a Program called xbtool with it. This Program is actually quite cool as it will allow you edit the way your BIOS behaves.

You don't care for the Fubber Animation? Just untick the box. You don't like Green (or at least the M$ Green you can change the 'X' to any color you like. (I currently like Blue!), you can change the Fanspeed from 20% to what ever I have it set to around 60% myself. You can also change the boot order of the BIOS. Which is something that can not be done (To my knoledge with M8 or the newer mid-late 2003 X2 Firmwares)

And lastly you can change the Partition tables in the BIOS (or a.k.a The LBA48 Hack), It would appear that you've hit the 137Gb ceiling. So changeing this option to eiter 'Partition 6 takes rest of Drive' (i.e. the F:\ Drive) or, 'Partition 6 takes 137Gb / Partition 7 takes rest' (i.e. the G:\ Drive takes everything over 137Gb),. Should help to fix this problem. The only other problem beeing that you may have to reformat the Drive again afterwords to 'see' these Partitions...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  5. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

Any idea how I would run this hack? I'm pretty sure the M8 bios has this hack built into it, but I don't know how to access it. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  6. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

I don't know if there is a hack for the M8 but, if there were you'd need a program called xbtool + the Image File (i.e. the M8 File) to do it.

7. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

Thanks again to everyone on this forum for all of the help. I got my new hard drive up and running and recognizing all of the memory. I just switched to the X2 bios and problem solved. Now I have to find a way to get my system to boot up to the Evo dashboard. Haven't figured that one out yet. Is this possible with the Xbit mod chip?

jamieshan

8. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

Well in order to even boot Evox as a Dashboard you'll have to have it on your HDD somewhere. If you love (and I mean love XBOX Live!™) then the default location of "C:\" is not going to be for you! Neither will "E:\" be a good option. Infact a 200Gb HDD is not a good option for Live!™ So assuming for a moment your not on Live!™ and have on plans on doing so. You can't get baned from something you never joind! You can safly use the the default 'C:\' Drive. Infact I don't think you'll find much choise in this matter as the 'M8' BIOS Image is not editable like that. =(

Once you manage to FTP the evox.xbe and all the Satelite? Files *.ini Skins Folder etc. You should be able to boot right into the Evox dash with either the D6 (which is IIRC editable) or the M8 (both D6 and m8 are from Team Evox),.

If you have your Chip setup correctly and Evox ROMs, are qute tricky as they in this regaurd. As they 'appear' just like normal M$ ones. Just one more reasion to like the 'Xecuter2' ROMs as the 'Microsoft™" gets repaced by the 'Xecuter2' on the 'X' Screen a very LARGE Visual cue that the Chip and ROM are working. But, once the ROM is working that should be all the work that's necessary, on that ROM.

Save perhaps being able to edit out the 'Boot Order' prefering to boot 'Evox' on 'bank 1' and 'XBMC' on 'bank 2' useing the same ROM. Alas the more current (i.e late 2003 to present) ROMs will not let you edit these values out with the xbtool Program. But I have had no problems with the Evox D6 or with the Xecuter2 4981.67 ROMs.

Then again I do have an older XBOX™ v1.2 aswell... So it's not very likey that you'll be able to use those in say a XBOX 1.5 or most deffently a version 1.6 XBOX™ and expect to see any 'light'...

9. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

Got the evox dashboard installed and ready to go. I have one more question. Does it matter how I dump the games onto my hard drive? Should they be in their own seperate folders, or should I just dump the raw files directly into the "games" folder? What's the most way to do this? Thanks.

jamieshan

10. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

I myself have allways liked the simplicity of 'F:\Games' and 'F:\Apps' But since you have a HDD that's larger then a 137Gb and thuss an instant 'G:\ Drive' you can just well link to 'G:\Games' & 'G:\Apps' aswell. You will be able to set these 'Links' though the 'evox.ini' File. which you can edit though with the 'Wordpad' on you Computer.

Once you have these 'Links' setup you can dump your Games to either F:\Games (\Apps) or G:\Games (\Apps) and have the same acsess to them through out...