1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto-Installer Deluxe

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by sonydvdrw, Mar 12, 2005.

1. sonydvdrw

sonydvdrw Member

Hi,

I recently downloaded the torrent for the Xbox Auto-Installer V1.1. I opened the .rar package, and I extracted the .iso file to my desktop.

I proceeded to burn the ISO using Nero Startsmart (DVD Data Disc), with Verbatim 8X DVD-R (burning at 4X). My Xbox has a Thompson drive, and that drive reads almost all DVD-R's.

I put the DVD in my modded Xbox, and I turned on the power. I got an error saying that It could not read the disc. I have heard that you need to have a hacked bios in order to get Auto-Installer to work. I do not know if I have a "hacked bios" or how to figure that out. Also, do all modchips support a "hacked bios", since I am pretty sure I have a low-end modchip.

I have the original Xbox (bought it 2 days after it came out). So its version 1.0.

Based on all this, what should I do so that I can get my Auto-Installer iso file to work?!

Thanks in advance!

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

When you mod a xbox, you need to not only install the chip, but you need to flash the chip with a yes a "hacked Bios" If you know where to go, go find yourself a bios for your chip, then flash it. Once your chipped is flashed, then you can use your installer disk

3. sonydvdrw

sonydvdrw Member

Thanks. I know how to get a BIOS.

Could you tell me what do with it once I get it, and how
    "Flash" my modchip? What is a BIOS you recommend?

4. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

You need to let us know what modchip you have. It sounds like a cheapmod so I'd suggest making a boot cd first. When you find a bios you need to rename it to bios.bin Start with a 265k bios first and when you put the cd in and it says the bios has been found, you can then decide if you want to make the bios larger say 512k or 1Mb.

Burn the bios.bin file on a cd-rw. You need to fill up the space of the cd with any kind of data or you could look for a file called a "dummy file" than fills up the empty space on a cd. Without other junk saved on the cd-rw, the Xbox might not read the tiny .256k file

Go to eurasia.nu and register. Go to the download section, xbox ultilities. Skip to page 3 and start looking for a bios.

Both the dummy file and the boot cd instructions can be found here:

http://www.teamxodus.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=13

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  5. sonydvdrw

sonydvdrw Member

THanks a lot bro! By the way, it says creating a BIOS cd for the xenium os...will this work on my cheap modchip?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  6. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

If you don't know what chip you have, then I don't reccomend using a program designed for a specific chip such as Xenium. Look around for a generic way of flashing your chip. Is there any way you can find out what chip you have? Find out from where you got it from. instructions.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=231250

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  7. sonydvdrw

sonydvdrw Member

Well, I got the modchip installed from my home country - Pakistan. It was installed for me by a store owner, for $40 including labor. I don't know at all what kind of chip he put in.

I can open up my Xbox, and look inside and find out what kind it is. I can take a picture of it, and post it here, and maybe u will recognize it. Maybe it might even say it on the chip itself. Time to go out and buy a Torx 10 screwdriver....