1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV Received Setup when using 3D

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by enigmab17, Nov 3, 2010.

1. enigmab17

enigmab17 Member

Hi All

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue. I have gotten my setup and connected everything together as per below specs:

TV: Samsung 7series 55" LED 3D TV (UE55C7000-WKXXU)
    AV Receiver: Pioneer MultiChannel AV Receiver (VSX-519V)
    PS3: Updated firm ware to play 3D BluRays

When the PS3 is connected to the TV directly using one HDMI cable everything works fine, 3D plays and all good. When I connect the TV to the Amp, and the Ps3 to the AMP using the same HDMI cable, when playing a 3d bluray the screen goes blank (it flickers slightly every 7-10 seconds, but in general is blank)

Now from what I can see the receiver is capable of piping 3d signals (I could be wrong), and the ps3 and tv definitley are. The cables are all hide grade 1.3 so I cannot see where I am going wrong, could it be a configuration issue?

Any help/assistance would be greatly appreciated!

All the best
    enigma.b17

2. enigmab17

enigmab17 Member

Please close/delete thread

Rang up Pioneer and advised that this model of AMP does not support 3D television so off to source a new one ;)

3. JVC

JVC Active member

Your receiver is not one that is compatible with a 3D signal. Afterall, this receiver is less than $200. It certainly isn't going to be compatible with the very newest technology, at that price point. It doesn't even decode Dolby TrueHD or dtsHD Master Audio soundtracks from blu ray movies, which is pre-3D technology. Although, if you get a blu ray player with the 5.1/7.1 multi-channel analog outputs, you can enjoy the HD audio from blu ray movies, since your receiver does have the 5.1 multi-channel analog inputs.

The firmware upgrade for the ps3 gave it the ability to play 3D video, but cannot listen to the HD audio while watching 3D from it. I don't know why they even bothered with 3D, if you can't listen to the HD audio while watching it. Kinda useless to me. I think the audio is much more important.

Sorry......... I know this isn't what you wanted to hear.

EDIT:
    I see you found out and posted while I was typing.
    Good luck. Some of the cheapest priced receivers, that do what you wany, are the Onkyo receivers. Good bang for the buck.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010