1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avalanche

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by evilgood, Mar 5, 2004.

1. evilgood

evilgood Member

OKay I now have Avalaunche or whatever its spelt like. Im new to it. I would like to know if tyhere is like an .ini file I can edit so that I 'edit' the layout and eveything like I have done in the past with Evox. Like I want to set up the ip and menus and have music play in the background but it acts as though it wants a keyboard for me to do all this. I want to know if there is some way around this so that i can edit a file on my pc and copy it over to my xbox via ftp and have it work like Evox has done for me.

Another question i pose i show do I get xbox media player to work? Ive downloaded several copied and the xbox doesnt recognixze them in my apps folder. same dealy with dvd2xbox. Can someone help?

2. ABMone

ABMone Guest

don't know much about ava but it uses an avalaunch.xml that has the settings. and you need it to point where you installed the apps to recognize them.

3. Snoosy

Snoosy Member

There's avalaunch.xml to edit, or if you press the white button in certain menus an onscreen keyboard comes up.

4. evilgood

evilgood Member

Okay, I got a keyboard to come up but when im finished typing how do i make is set it? everybutton i push does nothinhg except white button with the keyboard and back button to go back. no button seems to save what ive typed.
    Another thing, I edited the XML file for avalaunch and copied it and it freezes every time i try to connect via ftp. It also freezes just by doing nothing. It seems that way even witht he original xml file. It just freezes after so much time, no matter what. Can you help me?

I put Xbox media player in the appropriate folder and its .xbe is default.xbe like its supposed to be. It still wont oad through evox or Avalaunch. Whats wrong?