1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avchd playback on Samsung BD-1600

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by hopelives, Feb 3, 2010.

1. hopelives

hopelives Member

I cannot get the BD-1600 to play avchd burned to dvd. I have used BD Movie Maker, Nero, and Imgburn, and they all read on PS3. Is there a specific booktype needed, or a firmware update? Thank you

2. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

3. hopelives

hopelives Member

Think before you post. I figured I'd get someone like you. Nice try.
    AVCHD: The BD-P1600 will play home videos recorded in AVCHD. AVCHD (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264) is a high definition digital video camera format used to record in high definition or standard definition on a standard DVD.

4. sesuna

sesuna Guest

spam edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
  5. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

Go to cnet and select a sony player and look at the supported video format for the sony player. reply back with what you see listed.

btw, AVCHD is a format, not a codec. just b/c it supports a certain codec you still have to put it in a format th player can recognize.

6. hopelives

hopelives Member

Yes, I realize that. I don't need to look it up. The file structure is correct, bdmv and certificate folders. Like I said it plays fine on friends PS3 and stand alone blu ray player. I'll keep playing around with it. Thanks for your help, grkblood.

7. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

since you wont look and i want you to understand what im saying look at this:

-----YOUR PLAYER-------
    # Supported Digital Video Standards VC-1 , H.264 , MPEG-2
    # Supported Digital Audio Standards MP3 , WMA

for AVCHD you need your video to be MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 and audio to be Dolby Digital (AC-3) or Linear PCM.

your player does not support the correct audio needed for an AVCHD, which is why your player doesnt support the AVCHD format, if im overlooking something please let me know.

8. hopelives

hopelives Member

I see. I was able to convert the avchd to MP4, and burn to dvd, and it read, not sure if it degraded quality. I've read where some have had success simply burning avchd to dvd with this player, and I know the manual says it can, but maybe your right. thanks again.

9. hopelives

hopelives Member

I was able to get this to work. Yes, it does read avchd, it just took a little more testing and researching. It seems the Samsungs are a little more picky, when it comes to compliance. Maybe next time you won't be so quick with your answer, "Did you really ask that"?

10. hopelives

hopelives Member

11. hopelives

hopelives Member

Absolutely incorrect. It will and does play avchd.

12. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

lol at your finding reason in what i was saying about the formats and then finally getting it to work and going on the offensive and posting 3 seperate posts over a 3 days span. instead of acting like a 5 year old why dont you inform us of what you did wrong and how you got it to work so others dont make the same mistake.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010