1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Average analyze time for DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by haus410, Oct 18, 2004.

1. haus410

haus410 Member

I just installed a new (and my first) DVD-RW and am in the process of learning how to use it. I've downloaded DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor, and have successfully burned a movie on my first try.

However, I have read on here that 45 minutes is a good average time for backing up a DVD, from start to finish. When Shrink was analyzing my DVD, it took around an hour and a half or two hours just to analyze and save to my hard drive.

My computer is a Gateway PIV 2.8, but only has 256 mb of ram (at the moment) The movie was XXX, (no, not the rating), which isn't a very long movie. Does that time sound right, or are my settings off in Shrink?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi haus410, welcome to aD,

I know the DVD "Triple" X, nice action flick, that.

Judging by your specs it's that RAM thing that's killing you. Your PC and mine are about the same (but for the RAM) and my time on that flick would indeed be about 45 minutes.

Other differences would be if you were using the Deep Analysis OR Quality Enhancements. Both of which may well send your times into the 2-hour neighborhood. Of course there are always the "dream times", pple who are just dreaming up their times (Lol).

You have only to be happy with the results – not the times unless they're way out in left field –

Cheers and Congrats on your first burn, Burn on –

Pete