1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVerMedia EZMaker 2.0 problems

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by djewell98, Jan 27, 2005.

1. djewell98

djewell98 Member

My computer only came with USB 1.1 connections, so I installed a Belkin 5 port USB 2.0 card in an available PCI slot. My cable modem and webcam run through it just fine. I have am AVerMedia EZMaker 2.0 video capture device that I want to use to transfer my analog camcorder videos to the computer but the computer always locks up after a few minutes of use, sometimes a few seconds. I have to unplug the device and reboot the computer and everything's back to normal.
    What setting am I missing to keep the computer from locking up?

2. kinza

kinza Regular member

i have no idea if there is a setting, but maybe it's your computer specs. like a slower processor and low memory.

3. notty77

notty77 Member

I`ve installed the Avermedia EZMaker Gold card and the same thing happens. My old (very old) video capture card works, but not with Windows XP. My problem is down to the computer spec., specifically a slow processor, so it looks like upgrade time for me.