1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVG scan findings adware.RogueSuspect

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by lovlife4, Nov 30, 2008.

1. lovlife4

lovlife4 Member

I have been using avg to scan my computer. As of late, I am finding my scans take very long to complete, up to four hours. Avg found what is known as the ADWARE.ROGUESUSPECT. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get rid of this finding? I have clicked remove all threats, but soon i do another scan it once again finds that same adware.Rogue.Suspect. If you have any suggestions please post. Also, does anyone have any idea why my scans are taking so long? takes four hours to complete a scan. i also find that while scanning, considering i have a duo processor, my computer lags during the scan. thank you for all suggestions.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not an all other topics issue.

3. cdavfrew

cdavfrew Regular member

Hey lovlife4

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and install it. Follow the prompts and reboot if required.

Launch Malwarebytes either by running C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe or double-click the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware shortcut on your Desktop.

Configuring Malwarebytes

• Click on the tab Settings.
    • Make sure only these boxes are checked:
    Code:
    Terminate Internet Explorer
    Automatically save and display logfile after removal
    Always scan memory objects
    Always scan registry objects
    Always scan filesystem
    Always scan extra and heuristics objects
    Updating Malwarebytes

• Click on the tab Update.
    • Press the button Check for Updates
    • Wait for Malwarebytes to be fully updated.

Scanning Time

• Click on the tab Scanner.
    • Check Perform full scan and click on Scan
    • Wait for the scan to complete, and then click on Show Results.
    • Make sure all items are checked, then click on Remove Selected.
    **If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If you are asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Post A Log

• A text box will pop up after the removal process is over. Post the contents of the text here.
    • If no text box pops up, launch Malwarebytes, and click on the tab Logs.
    • The logs will appear as mbam-log-*date-*time.txt. Select the latest one, and then click on Open.
    Post the log here.

Best Regards :D