1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avg update files

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by woelke, Sep 20, 2004.

1. woelke

woelke Member

Hope you wizards can help me.

When I download bin and cue files...the bin gets automatically changed to an avg update file. This seems to confuse Nero and I cant gain access to the file. How can I prevent this from happening or how can I change it back to its original download format?
    Thanks

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

For now, rename the file back to its original, then change avg to .bin Load the cue file and burn.
    Maybe you installed a program recently that is changing bin file format to avg? If you know what that program is then simply uninstall.

3. woelke

woelke Member

Perhaps I was not exactly clear on the problem...it not only changed the name but the file type. Even when I changed the name back to the original, it was style an avg file type. Hate to lose it as it took 3 weeks to download (weak smile)

4. high?

high? Guest

what you need is a 'avg update file' player.......or a converter from 'avg update file' to 'mpg' or 'avi'....... if you find a solution get back to me also..... illl do the same if i finger it out...... thank you

5. robrgt2

robrgt2 Guest

hey did u fix that avg prob cause i have the same thing help me if find out ok
    thanx