1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI 2 MPEG 2 DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rdevanat, Dec 28, 2004.

1. rdevanat

rdevanat Member

Hi,

I have been trying with vain to convert my avi to dvd format. Tried all the guides from this website, tried forums etc.

So, I am not so fussy about quality and surround sound etc....

So is this possible --> Extract AVI audio to MP2 --> Convert AVI to MPEG (using MP2 as audio input) --> Burn onto DVD-R --> play it using my standalone DVD player.

The last comment is most important, I want to play in my DVD player which does not play AVI files.

Having done this, can I still use the left over 2.5GIGs on my blank DVD to burn another movie using above process - therefore should my stand alone DVD player also play the 2nd movie.

So I am saving space, and achieving my goal of playing it in my standalone DVD player. Anyone?

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear rdevanat,
    Some softwares (e.g. Power Video Converter) can convert avis into audio and video streams, and other programs (e.g. IfoEdit) can create DVD compliant files out of them. Then you can use programs like Nero to burn the finished products.
    If you think this is too troublesome, you may try your luck with DVDSanta with can convert avis into DVD compliant formats in one step. You may encounter the sync. problems with this software, tho' (I sometimes do).
    So good luck!